♡ Chapter 19 ♡

"Byul, get up. It's your school time right now." Jungkook enters Byul's room only to find Taehyung and Byul sleeping. 

He takes a moment, sits beside Byul, and caresses her hair. "Baby, wake up." He whispers, kissing her forehead. 

"Appa, let me sleep, I slept late at night..." Byul fumes in her sleep and turns to the other side. 

"Late? Why?" Jungkook gasps. "I told you not to disturb your schedule, right? You get sick easily! Why do you have to do this?" Jungkook scolds, careful enough not to disturb the elder's sleep. 

"Oh... I... it's not that... you see... I slept on time..." She fumbles abruptly, getting up. Jungkook chuckles at her innocence. "Baby, why didn't you sleep on time? I told you many times!" Jungkook worriedly checks her over. She's a sensitive kid. Extreme cold or extreme heat, lack of sleep, can cause her fever. Also, she's sensitive to medicines. She's not like the normal kids of her age who can be fit and fine just having a sip of some random medicine. She's prescribed a special set of medications because of her allergies, basically called anaphylaxis. 

Jungkook is always scared about Byul. He always takes extra care of her. He always makes sure that she doesn't fall sick at any cost cause it becomes really painful to see Byul suffering from fever.

"Why did you behave so carelessly? Do you know how Appa feels when you fall sick? Why do you do this?" Jungkook whispers, adoring his beautiful sunshine, and kisses her forehead. 

"Sorry, Appa, I'll take care from the next time." Byul pouts sleepily hugging her Bunny Appa. 

"Do you want to sleep? You don't want to go to school today?" Jungkook asks, caressing her tiny back in his embrace. 

"No, Appa, I'm fine. I'll be fine going to school today. Also, today is Jack's presentation. I don't wanna miss it." She says. Jack is her crush, and Jungkook is aware. He chuckles. "You sure you'll be fine?" He picks up his little girl and takes her out of the room. 

*

Taehyung was still asleep. After Jungkook sent Byul to the school with her driver, he came back to get ready when he spotted the elder sleeping soundly.

He couldn't stop himself from standing close to the sleeping man. Oh, he has missed him so much. 

He sits beside him. Glancing the beauty of his angel. Suddenly, his eyes spot a fresh burn mark on one of his fingers.

He runs to grab the ointment. "You sure you're an expert in cooking?" Jungkook whispers, playing with the elder's hair to which Taehyung flinched. He slowly takes his hand in his lap and puts the ointment on his wound. 

Taehyung hisses but stays asleep. "Don't touch me... please... It hurts..." Taehyung mumbles in his sleep. Jungkook gets teary-eyed all over again. His hand stops. He's reminded of the scared, trembling, tortured young Taehyung. How much has he suffered. Mostly because of Jungkook.