◇19. Touch Me More◇

Edited a lot.

~~~~

We rushed out to the car and got in as quickly as we could. Once again, he drove off as soon as I had sat down and closed the door.

"Who the hell was at the door?!" I yelled as Fugo continued to drive away, looking terribly sad.

"When I looked, I thought it was her at first, Francesca I mean. Then the person took a step back, and I realized it was a man who looked almost identical to her. It must have been her brother." He drove further away from the hotel. "And I also remember that I had met him once... And that he's not on our side."

"What makes you think that?"

"He was the one to call the cops after I..."

"Oh."

"Yeah. His name is Francisco."

"Francisco? Are they seriously named that? Francesca and Francisco?!" I almost laughed before remembering the seriousness of the situation.

"Yeah. Chances are that he's the one with the fog stand."

"I see. Do you think we'll get rid of him?"

"Considering we're being followed by a car, not so much." I turned around to look, and he was right. We were being followed.

"Where are we going?"

"To the nearest water source. In case I can't safely use Haze, I need you to use Red House."

"Really? You're ordering me around right now?" I teased and he scoffed.

"Maybe I'm just disappointed that we didn't get to finish what we started." I realized what he was hinting at, and I started to blush again.

"Well, then... Let's finish this quickly so we can head back." I checked the clock on the car, and it read 3:47am. "It's almost morning as well."

"Yeah, I kinda wanna get some rest. Here!" He swerved the car into a new street, one that I recognized quite well.

"Hey, isn't this the pier?" I asked.

"Yeah, this is the best place." Fugo parked the car, and the car behind us stopped a distance behind us. I watched him get out of the car, as we followed behind and did the same.

Fugo had been right, Francisco did look similar to Francesca. He approached us with his stand visible, and it looked hideous. The entire body was green, and it looked like it was covered with spots of mold.

"Look, I'm on strict orders here. I gotta kill you." He said, and Fugo scoffed beside me.

"Oh? Whose orders is that?"

"Caryna's..." He grinned widely, as if he had more to say. "...And Francesca's." Fugo and I looked at each other, and I noticed the way his face saddened when he heard it.

"Well, if you're gonna kill us, you might as well tell us why we're getting killed when the former boss is dead." I tried to sound demanding, but Francisco just scoffed.

"You know what? Fine, it's not my problem anyway. Caryna and Francesca both worked closely with the boss, and they were the only ones who knew who he was. I'm not sure why they knew, but they did. When he died, they swore to kill the ones who murdered their boss." He chuckled.

"Why we're they so loyal to him?" I asked and he sighed.

"Enough with the questions already! They were both in love with him, what did you expect?" His emotions seemed slightly unstable, as he sent his stand towards us directly after he finished talking. It swept over us like a wind sweeping past, and the air in my lungs immediately went away.