Mara

----------------------------

Notes: I am not sure how to get permission for the use of the above image, and if it is a bother I am sorry and will remove it. In the meantime here is a link to the source: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/807692514407625210/

------------------------

Miraak

"What?!" Miraak feels a shift in the fabric of magic surrounding him like a fly triggering a spider's web. Miraak turns and paralyzes the intruder. There is now a confused and scared female Bosmer laying on the ground. The seekers go to attack her, but he holds up a hand. There is no need for a fight yet. She is not strong enough to hurt anyone here.

"Who are you to dare set foot here? Ahhh...  You are Dragonborn. I can feel it." He smiles behind his mask. This is interesting. Miraak had wondered if the Dragonborn he sent his people to kill was real or not. He studies her further to see how far she has come as one of the dragonborn. "And yet... So you have slain Alduin... Well done. I could have slain him myself, back when I walked the earth, but I chose a different path. You have no idea of the true power a Dragonborn can wield!" 

He shouts to give her taste of his power, "Mul Qah Diiv"!

The familiar dragon skin coats his body in gold, green, and blue magic whisps.

He continues to speak to her, "This realm is beyond you. You have no power here. And it is only a matter of time before Solstheim is also mine. I already control the minds of its people. Soon they will finish building my temple, and I can return home." 

He turns to the seekers, "Send her back where she came from. She can await my arrival with the rest of Tamriel". 

"You wanted me dead. Now you have that chance, and you are letting me go. Why?" She asks innocently enough.

"Do you want to die?" 

"No, but my death is possible. I don't make choices that are good for my health. Coming here is one such choice. I knew the risks. You wanted me dead before you saw me. Now you let me live. Why?".

Miraak ignores her and the seekers send her away.

----------------

Mara

Mara watches the seekers remove the champion from the library and send Min to Tamriel once more. Mara side eyes her husband. The mightiest of the aedra has a fondness for Mindora, and Miraak's disregard has caused the man to drip with anger. 

The aedra of love needs to step carefully. Her husband is many things, but tolerance is not one of them. Akatosh needs to still his raging heart long enough for Mara to nurture what is already forming.

Mara could have answered Mindora's question easily. Not even Miraak could answer why he let her live. 

Certain creatures can have a mating bond. Dragons, Werewolves, Werebears, Vampires, and other creatures can have their souls bound by thin cords only Mara could see. Eventually the bonded pair can feel it for themselves, but they never see the cords. Mara could not only see a cord connecting Miraak and Min, but the cord was one of the brightest and strongest strands she had ever seen in her time as an aedra.

"If I do not intervene they will miss their chance to be the mates their souls are meant to be". Mara broached to her husband.

Akatosh shook his head before glaring daggers at Mara. Mindora is the last and youngest of the dragonborn. Akatosh favored her as much as he did Martin and Tiber. If the girl played her cards right she might be given a place among the aedra just as Talos had been.