Dreaming

Mindora

Min awoke inside the temple of Mara in Riften. It is the first time in a long time that she slept without meeting Miraak. The day before came flooding into her mind and she sits up in a panic, "SERANA!".

"Hold there dragonborn, you will reopen your wound. Your friend is fine. She is resting in a room nearby". Maramal gently checked her back before nudging her back down to the bed. "A patrol found the pair of you near the lake half dead, and brought you here. You both have been resting for four days now".

"I need to pray to Mara for my friend," Min said, "She is still in danger until I can convince Mara to bless her".

Maramal nodded, "For the vampirism".

Min shook her head no, "Not much can be done for that now. I am hoping to hide her from Molag Bal. Mara can do that I am sure. If not her then we must leave before someone from Coldharbour comes. I will not have Riften in danger because of us".

Maramal in his infinite kindness smiles before saying, "Then I am sure Mara will provide. I will bring you a statue. You cannot move yet".

Mindora prays fervently throughout the day, and it saps what little strength she has and causes her to fall back to sleep.

----------------

Mindora

Min could not contain herself in her excitement at her victory. She ran right at Miraak and climbed his large frame before he had time to react. He instinctually wrapped his arms around her body and lifting under her thighs; unintentionally giving her a seat on his arms as she hugged his neck. 

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! We made it out of the Harbour and Serana is recovering in a hall of Mara. If not for you we would have been trapped in Molag's domain".

Miraak was frozen at the display of affection from her. He clearly had no idea what he was supposed to do with the bosmer hugging him. She leaned away from him a bit to meet his mask's eyes. She gives him a soft smile and a light kiss where she assumed his cheek might be. She could have sworn she heard him suck in his breathe.

Jumping down she noticed Miraak remained in his position as if frozen in place by paralysis. His arms remained as if he was still holding her. She he had not been held by another soul in centuries and this might be uncomfortable for him. She immediatly felt self conscience of her actions and felt her cheeks color in embarrassment.

"I... I am sorry. I did not mean to overstep". Min looked down and scratched the earth with her shoe.

He relaxed somewhat, but even with the mask she could tell something was off with him. He seemed more puffed up in the chest and his fist began to clench. She concluded he is angry. "Had I overstepped their boundaries so much to have made him angry?"  She ask herself.

He steps in close to her and says, "What were you thinking using your magic! You could have gotten yourself killed, and for what?! You and your friend would have remained trapped in the worst realm in Oblivion". He continues in a cool tone, "I told you to keep silent".

Well at least personal space had not been the cause. Oddly, this gave her relief.

Miraak folded his arms and stared down at her. She should act properly chastised so this might end, but she found herself irritated at being yelled at in the first place. Min does nothing dangerous when a friend's life is at stake if she can help it. Miraak should know she would not have used magic without reason.

Min shook her head, "I did not have a choice when I did it. We were going to be caught. How did you know it happened"?

"Molag complained to the other princes about your behavior. He wants help for retaliation and Dagon has agreed. The others either do not care to be involved or are fond of you".