The new Serana

Serana

Her headaches only reacted when she looked at Mindora and so Serana avoided taking Mindora out on quests.

It was not fair to the elf. Mindora was helpful in every way imaginable. Despite having made it clear that her loyalties are toward the Crown of Ferelden first she managed to be nothing but a benefit to the budding Inquisition. 

Still...her headaches around the elf were unmatched and Serana needed to keep a safe distance.

When they marched to the Giant Rift Serana had tried to only have Solas, Dorian, and Vivienne around her, but the Inner Circle made sure Mindora was nearby with her healing magic. 

The headache was worse than it had ever been. With the mark reacting violently to the proximity of the larger rift her body felt like shutting down and the added closeness to Mindora, Serana felt faint from the pain.

"What is wrong, Harold?". Vivienne asks politely.

Serana's shoulders slump, "My head hurts worse with each step toward the rift.".

Solas steps near and begins working on the mark. Trying to calm the reactive magic. Mindora steps in front of her and releases her golden magic. 

Serana screams at the magic's touch. Her headache made her entire body feel like it was cracking. Mindora removes her healing spell and Serana's screaming stops. 

All eyes are on Mindora. Shock written across their faces. At this point she had worked healing on everyone and no one had that reaction. Why is it only ever Serana who is affected?

"I am sorry, Mindora. Every time I am around you my head hurts. Its why I do not take you on quests.".

The dragon masked elf nods and disappears into the army behind them. With her gone she can now feel the headache subside. 

Closing the rift proved a simple task with the mages and templars at her side.

----------------------

Mindora

Nothing happened beyond what was supposed to happen. The rift closed and the Inquisition celebrated.

No Miraak.

No magic between worlds.

Why had she been able to crossover in the deep roads? Nothing remotely like what happened today had happened then and she passed through... And the dream world. How had the connection been possible? 

Something was not adding up. Miraak believed it requires immense power, but Thedas has that in droves as of late. It should be simple to end up somewhere. Min's own research had yielded some information, and none of it pointed at massive amount of magic.

Min retreated to her room and a paced back and forth mentally debating the subject as the Inquisition celebrated their victory.

Most of the knowledge she had came from ancient elven wall texts and histories. Min suspected Tevinter libraries and ruins would have more information. She had been building a decent spy network within the country and soon she can start pulling on those resources.

But what she had readily available was promising. Her last trip to a forbidden Dalish holy site held hieroglyphics of dragons passing through the wall at the behest of the Evanuris. Not the entire Elven Pantheon. She had noticed that only Elgar'nan, Ghilan'nain, and Mythal could perform the tasks. The others were always depicted as standing watch.

Min needed to reach one of the three. The Elves believed Fen'Harel had locked the elven pantheon away. The belief never stated whether or not the dread wolf had locked himself away as well. She could search for him-

A sound of battle erupts from outside. The war horns are sounded and the trebuchets are utilized. Min reacts easily. She trusts her instincts and grabs her weapons and gear. She moves quietly through the building, avoiding Serana. Now is not the time for her friend to have a headache.

An army of tainted mages and templars are swarming the place. The Inquisition troops are too drunk to do much to hold off the army assaulting the Conclave. Mindora does what she can for them. Her healing works hard to remove the drunkenness and give them clarity of mind. 

The battle was grueling. Blood and screams everywhere. 

Mindora's blades sliced several tainted people in the necks, ankles, chest, and armpits. She was nearly swimming in the blood of her enemies.

Inquisition troops and citizens of the town flocked at her side. She became an unofficial leader in the chaos. The group focused on protecting citizens and guiding them to the Conclave. The church was the safest place they can be.

A soldier ran up to Mindora exclaiming that the Harold and her team were surrounded by a large group of templars.

Mindora knew Serana was a poor archer and even more worse at daggers. Without her magic, the Harold was more of a liability than a help in battle. Mindora shouted commands to the group surrounding her and thanks to Cullen's expert training they managed a strong formation that pushed in the direction of Serana.

The surrounded group consisted of Serana, Varric, Vivienne, and Blackwall. Mindora scattered her team and surrounded the intruders. They moved in and crushed the group from the outside. Mindora's blades slicing through flesh like butter. 

Then entire thing felt like the Skyrim Civil war to her. These lives she is cutting short are not inherently bad people. Just like the stormcloaks were not inherently cruel or evil. These people were infected by the red lyrium and made to fight for this Corypheus.

It hurt Mindora to cut their lives short. If given the time she could heal them. Right now what mattered was the unaffected civilians and troops. And most importantly getting Serana out of here with her mark. 

The surrounding infected are removed and Mindora steps up to a fallen Serana and offers her hand up to her oldest friend. The two women make eye contact. Serana gives her a small closed mouth smile before accepting Mindora's offered hand.

Mindora hauls the her up and checks her over before handing her a healing potion. Her magic hurts Serana and the potion is the better option. Serana notices the change in Mindora's tactic when healing her and says, "Thank you, Mindora".

Not getting called Min yet by Serana, but they will get there... She is sure.

A loud explosion sounds outside the gates and several Inquisition troops call out that there is a dragon attacking.

Cullen calls for a retreat and many of the troops fall back into the Conclave.

Mindora grins and pulls her blades out and takes cover behind a stone wall as she waits for the beast to enter the courtyard.

Serana and the others also retreat.

But not for long. 

Serana steps back out with Dorian, Solas, and Varric. 

She looks ready for war. 

Min smiles at that familiar look and steps out to make herself known without getting too close to Serana.

A dragon shout sounds across the landscape. Mindora knows it is a Tamriel dragon that boasts its thu'um. It sounds much the same as the archdemon. The pain and taint clear in his call just like the Ferelden monster all those years ago.

Mindora's magic erupts in defense against the beast's mighty voice. She tries what she can to attack the monster, but when the dragons thu'um separates the party. She has  no choice, but to retreat and hope for the best.