Serana

Image source : https://www.deviantart.com/ricardoriveraillus/art/Serana-Skyrim-fanart-841392681

Serana

Serana had known of Miraak before her long sleep. He was just a story to her. Another dragon priest who got into trouble. When it circulated that he could shout like the dragons her interest had been pulled a little, but not enough for her to travel to Solstheim. She had her own family to deal with and dragon lords to avoid irritating. Her father on the other hand had hated Miraak. He ranted about the man on occasion. Apparently Molag had wanted her father to temp him with offers of power and riches, but Miraak sent her father without a thought. As if her father was a mere fly swarming dinner.

Molag had been furious and her father had disappeared for several months. When he returned he looked sick and pale, even for a vampire.

Neither she nor her mother had questioned what happened. 

All this and Serana was surprised he was alive. To her knowledge a dragonborn is not immortal. 

Still Mindora was convinced her dreams were not just a figment and that she met the man in Apocrypha.

Min told Serana she had prayed for her to Mara for a cloak of protection. Min has been perfectly pious since they met. Miraak may had been the one to suggest the prayer, but Serana was certain Min would had done that on her own anyways... and it must have worked because Serana did feel lighter now. That might just be because she finally got some food though. 

Mindora is happy to have Serana safe and the energy shows in her usually passive friend as she excitedly speaks about another dream where she met Miraak.

Serana studies her friend she nervously speaks about her dream and Serana notices something. A faint blush coats her friend's cheeks in such a way that can only be described as infatuation. Oh this is a new look on her, Serana thinks to herself with a grin.

"Min, you are flushed". Serana giggled.

Min hung her head and covered eyes in embarrassment, "My emotions are everywhere Serana. A lot has happened while I slept-" Midora proceeds to explain to Serana the fantastical dream with Lady Mara, and sparing not details.

"So he wants to kill you for his freedom. Akatosh wants you as an aedra. Mara believes that if he trusts you your new shout is the solution... and you are dragon mates. Stop me if I am wrong anywhere," Serana summarizes.

"I need to go to him in Apocrypha.  He will either try to kill me or let me help him". Min supplied.

Serana shook her head, "You have met him in dreams for a while, but that does not mean he will trust you. There is nothing in the dream world that you could use to prove your trust of each other. Sure he teaches you. But he teaches you how to read and some history. If he wants freedom he will not risk loosing it on hesitating to kill you. And... we very nearly died in Molag's realm. Now you will have both Mora and Miraak trapping you in Apocrypha. Also can you say that you two feel as if your mates? At the moment you only have Mara's word."

Mindora hung her head, "I know. I cannot say I love him. Nor could he say the same about me. But I can say I enjoy him and respect him. It is nice to talk to another dragonborn".

Serana crossed over the room to sit directly next to her friend and looked Min in the eyes, "A bond will make you fond of each other. Vampires get them to, and my parents are an example. You witnessed how that bond went. Mom flinched at Dad's death as the bond snapped, but she did not mourn his passing. She celebrated his death". 

Min lay her head on Serana's shoulder. Sounds from the priests performing the right of Mara from outside their private healing room was all the noise in the room as the girls ponder their problem.