Teach Me

Miraak

Miraak views her through the hazy magic allowing his presence in her world. Leaving Apocrypha as a specter causes fatigue, but at first the souls of dragon souls he stole were worth it. Now just seeing her outside a dream for a moment is worth the strain.

She is beautiful and wild just like a dragon.

He aches at the knowledge of their coming battle; knowing she will lose. Mindora is strong, but Miraak is indescribably stronger than her. Miraak is old with the knowledge of Apocrypha and countless dragon souls to his name. He must kill her and claim her soul if he is to leave this accursed place.

He will keep her soul from Herma Mora. Keeping her from entrapment by a daedra is the least he can do. He feels the dragon souls in himself gnash at the walls of his spirit in anger over their place in apocrypha. They had been sold to a Daedra without their consent. He would not do that to her.

He says nothing as he steals her next dragon kill. He stares at her and commits more of her waking world features to memory. She looks different between sleeping and waking worlds. He believes the real her suits her much better than the somewhat blurry and incomplete dream version he has grown accustomed to.

She steps up to him with an intense look on her face lifting her small hand to his cheek as if she could touch his spectral body.

Miraak swears he can feel the warmth from her hand just as he disappears from her world. The warmth where her hand had been is a nice contrast to the coldness of Apocrypha he thinks as his mind returns to his body.

Looking around his prison a moment he sends a prayer to whoever of the Aedra may care. He will not have her trapped as he had been in this place. Knowing Hermaeous Mora he already has a plan to trap her here as Miraak's replacement. He must act with care to prevent her making that deal before she dies and her soul becomes part of the library.

A few days later Miraak feels a ripple in the realm. She has entered another book and he could feel Mora lurking around her. This is how it always feels before the prince offers a deal to a mortal in exchange for their freedom. Miraak has seen it far to many times when a mortal uses the books to enter.

No. He will not allow it to pass. He calls his dragon to him and mounts him.

He flies toward her presence and in response Mora sends his tentacles from the lakes below toward him attempting to attack the flying beast. They are far too short to perform their duty for their master and fall limply back into the goo without hitting their target. Miraak knew Mora would punish him with something cruel later. No one interrupts the prince's prey with a warning and gets forgotten about. Miraak does not care. Mindora is everything good a dragonborn should be, and she is worth any punishment. He has been here so long that even the prince of knowledge can exhaust his ideas. What more can Mora do to him that he has not endured.

The girl however is fresh to this hell and all the torment will be new. No more dragonborn are to belong to a daedra if he can help it. Which should not be too hard for him to do as it is only her.

Landing near to her presence he dismounts his dragon and calmly walks into the library halls toward her. The halls shift and try to confuse him, but he manages his way fine. He is more than used to the distinctly rude behavior of the library.

He sees her ahead in a large spiral room of books and portals. The puzzle room, Miraak remembers performing this task. Mora wants someone smart as his disciple and this test is here as a proving.

He steps one more step toward her and uses his magic to transport behind her, "He will offer you knowledge in exchange for your soul. You should refuse him".