False gods and Mortal Armies

Mindora

She held the greatest armies in the world in the palm of her hand just as Tiber Septim had done. She remembered what it had been like to avoid power. To be innocent and careful. 

She remembered how easy it was to refuse to become an aedra.

She remembered when she thought she might be special as she spoke with Paarthurnax about her lack of the desire to conquer. She thought she was above it. 

She clearly was not.

When she thought of conquering she thought about wars and armies. She thought about Tiber Septim claiming countries for The Empire. She thought about the life Miraak lead before they met. She thought about the Volkihar vampires. Every Jarl, King, and leader from Skyrim to Thedas conquered with fire and blood.

Min forgot about the ones who conquered with shadows and secrets. The dark brotherhood could change the course of politics in a night. The thieves guild were more than pickpockets. They were a worldwide network of business men. The crows were renowned and feared. The great game in Orlais was conquered in darkness.

Min had done exactly what she had fought against for her entire life.

She had taken the world.

She had become a dragon.

She was not certain she regretted it.

The dragons returned to her with messages tied to their legs from each country.

Alistair agreed to march toward Ostagar. Min had been gentler with her letter to him. She did not want it to seem she was taking his power. She cared about the Theirin family and wanted to remain friendly. 

Cora may figure it out though. 

As for Orlais, they were bullied into the role and agreed to march their forces to Ostagar.

The Qun agreed with conditions. They would not follow her orders. They would fight alongside her armies, but remain independent of her. Min decided she did not care what their conditions were. They would obey in the end.

Tevinter was a house of cards at this point and Archon Jason was sitting on pins and needles as her people maneuvered the magisters into positions that benefited her. Their in bickering would serve her in time. 

As for the maker's jail she left him to his fate. The world was fine without him this long; what was a little longer.

Min stood at the head of Ostagar and studied Solas's locations as she awaited Mara.

The goddess needed Min's blood and the orb after all. 

It was only a matter of time before she appeared.

Min felt a familiar pressure in her chest and for a moment. A thousand eager thoughts pushed themselves into her mind. She could feel every soul she had devoured roar and tear at her before she forced it down.

--------------

Serana

Mindora was making big moves while the Inquisition took a page from Min's book of subtlety and moved quietly in the shadows. 

The spoke with Ferelden and Starkhaven about Min. Alistair and Cora were in agreement that something seemed off with their long time ally.

Solas had returned to the Inquisition hall to speak with Miraak. Questions burned at the elf's tongue and he wanted to understand the kind of power Min possessed to have so easily commanded the mark from Serana's palm.

Miraak's answer was vague at best. There is no one way to describe what Mindora was. Powerful, smart, dragon, ancient, young, kind, lost, callous. Min was floating in an in-between that place of who she was and who she was becoming.