Dream across the divide

Miraak

His magic ripped Herma Mora's powers apart. The goo magic that was typical of the daedric prince fell victim to Miraak's unbridled rampage. 

The prince's magic had held him back from passing through the divide to his wife. Only Serana had made it through. The dark tendrils had wrapped themselves around him in the chamber and pulled him away from the portal. 

He had been so close to his wife he felt her familiar healing magic enter the room and nearly caress him.

Now Miraak wanted the daedra to suffer for his abuse. 

Miraak's shouts and magic sliced deep into apocrypha. Every book, every cursed hallway, every seeker burn and shred at his feet. The entire Oblivion domain rumbled and collapsed at his strength.

Mora groaned, "I have not pursued you or the girl. I cannot not have you. You know better. And the girl... She belongs to the aedra-"

Mora's words were left unfinished in the resulting barrage of shouts from Miraak.

The amount of rage and raw power the dragonborn had accrued in his long life made total destruction of Apocrypha easy. Mora was unkillable, but the monster would take centuries to recover his faculties after Miraak's march across the domain. Not to mention how long it would take to rebuild this cursed library.

When he returned to Tamriel he demanded Mara come see him again.

The aedra looked disappointed in him for his actions against Mora. It upset the tender balance the aedra and daedra have, but she did not reprimand him for it. She tried to remain calm.

"You were once bound in invisible chains to that daedra. Now you march in and destroy all without even a word of celebration at his suffering." Mara stated.

"There is nothing to celebrate. I have waited over fifty years to see my wife again. When my chance had arrived he stole it.". Miraak kept his mask on to hide his blood shot eyes and dark circles that betray his lack of sleeping and his decent into madness.

"Akatosh is not pleased with you and calming his anger is getting more difficult. We will find a way to get you both together. I spoke with Vaermina and she has agreed to help connect your dream to hers. You will not have long to speak, but it will be more than you have now.".

"Why would Vaermina help?".

"She is afraid of you.".

------------

Mindora

This dream was different from the others. The world felt like familiar magic of a daedric prince. the realm was dark and uncomfortable.

She went on edge immediately.

"Mindora," Miraak's voice sounded choked behind her.  

Min freezes, refusing to turn and to look incase it is some terrible horror, "Is... is it really you? There are demons here that would love nothing more than to trick me," tears streak down her face.

"Ni los zu'u, dii sil. (It is I, My heart)," Miraak's voice comes out strong when he speaks dragon.

"Dei lein Motaad (My world Trembler)." Mindora squeaks back through her tears now streaming down her face.

She whips around and grapples herself to his body. Holding tighter than she ever did. He smelled the same, felt the same, and sounded the same. Her heart and soul reached out to him and he felt it. Miraak wraps his magic around her, shielding her from the universe.

Miraak reaches down and lifts her chin. 

Leaning down he claims her lips with his own.

Years of separation and longing consumed the kiss.

It was like two drowning individuals finally found air to breath.

Miraak leans away from her and takes in her features, running his thumb along her jaw line.

"Mara and I are working everyday to get you and Serana home. We need you to focus on finding places where immense magic is about to take place".

"We attempt to close the rift at the conclave tomorrow. We will have lots of mages focusing in one spot." Min supplies.

Miraak nods, "I will tell Mara to prepare then. You let Serana know the plan. She knows what to do on your end.".

Min winces, "About that... she does not remember anything other than her first name. Not even me."

Miraak's already tired face looks infinitely more fatigued.

Min reaches up and covers his cheek with her hand, "If this does not work tomorrow take a break. Go somewhere and rest for a few days. You look pale.".

He smiles down at his lover before claiming her mouth again. 

But time was not on their side.

The world around them crumbles and Min awakens at the Inquisition with an ache in her heart.

She thought she heard him shout her name in frustration.