Almost too Far

Mindora

Up until now Min had proved to be a decent planner. 

But she cannot account for everything. Especially her husband's tenacious personality.

She needed Mara's tainted magic in her to work her plan and Miraak had freed her of it.

Not that Min minded the change. Having her own magic was intoxicating. It danced in her mind's eye with glee at its freedom. Her dragon soul lifted its wings in time with the magic's steps as if her body had found a hidden harmony within itself.

This did put an arrow in the preverbal dwemer cog of her plan.

Mythal was currently weaving a sleeping spell into the orb and Min was to add Mara's touch into the orb to make it more potent and lure the aedra into a sense of security as she succumbs to the sleep spell.

The touch of Mara that Mythal had been forced to carry all those years ago would not be appropriate, but with each new host Mythal lost a little more the cursed magic. Good for Mythal, bad for what needed to happen.

Oh well. Min would be a poor spymaster if she did not have backup plan.

Unfortunately there was no other plan if that one failed. 

She had some thought as to the Maker's location at the moment that might prove useful.

Min also had to involve the world in Mara's destruction.

Which is where Miraak's intervention came at a beautiful time. 

They now had three dragons and two very powerful dragonborn with all the shouts the world could need sitting in their throats. 

Min had armies in her pocket.

Min explained these things to her husband as best she could without implying he inadvertently ruined her original plan. Though it was hard to avoid. Through the bond each was able to connect their entire life apart and understand each other's choices and stories. Min need not have said a word about a thing, but it was nice to speak to him again.

Min continued voicing her thoughts to her husband as they sat beneath a tree while the dragons took to the air as they enjoyed their freedom, "Tevinter will cave to me soon enough. I could capture the Rivaini pirates with a quick trip to Captain Isabella. Starkhaven and Kirkwall are allies to Ferelden thanks to Hawke and Varric. The Qun would see the benefit of fighting a false goddess quickly enough if it were proved that Mara intended to kill. Ferelden and Orlais will bend the knee ---".

"No." Miraak cut her off firmly. A hard look shot her way from his both his human eye and dragon eye.

Min looked at him confused. This is business talk. Why would he look to her so disgusted?

Miraak adjusted his body to look her straight on. An air of seriousness emanated from him, "This is not you. I expected your personality to have changed somewhat the more time you spent here, but not into this. And not so quickly. Since when did you want someone to bend the knee?".

Min flinched. She had worked hard to convince Serana that being an aedra or vampire was wrong during that childish conversation that they had in Mara's temple. Min at the time had not wanted any such power over people. Why was she thinking of knee bending with such a calm demeanor now? As if she were talking about the finer points of mead or how she slept the night before.

Min felt her heart harden and her inner dragon roar as she said, "It has to be done.".

Miraak's face saddened, "I will not begrudge you your journey, Dii Saviik (my savior). But remember this... Dragon's crave power and domination. You have seen what following that desire brought into my life and brought into the lives around me. Be careful with your friends and yourself.".