52. Cyclone

"The guests of honor have arrived!" Vaera declared as Vhaegon and Rhaegon were brought in. They chose right before the festivities started to take a long and restful nap. 

Vhaegon reached out for Vaera as she took him from the handmaiden. 

"Alright if I take this little one?" Harwin asked and Vaera nodded as Harwin took Rhaegon. 

Vhae waved around at everyone. He certainly wasnt shy. A big smile on his face.

"Hhhhh-iiiii!" Vhae rasped out as he smiled around. Rhaegon was still tired. Falling back asleep in Harwin's arms. Vaera looked to him. Harwin cradling Rhaegon to him. It made her heart melt. 

"Hiiii!" Vhae declared. 

"Talkative this one is." Criston remarked as Vhae grabbed Criston's finger. 

"Yes, he has Hi, kiss and mama down perfectly and roars as well as Calypso." Vaera agreed. "You say hi to criston?"

"Hi kiss." Vhae said still holding tight to criston's finger. 

"Criston and kiss... don't give me the knight of kisses title." Criston remarked softly. 

"Thank you," Daemon said stiffly, taking Rhaegon from Harwin. "I got him." 

"Of course, my prince." Harwin agreed biting his tongue, as Vaera chatted with Criston. 

"I heard a nasty little rumor." Daemon remarked. Harwin stared back at him. "That you want to be Vaera, my Vaera's sworn sword again."

"Not a rumor. the king already agreed to it." Harwin confirmed. 

"But I. I did not." Daemon countered. 

"Perhaps we let the princess decide. It is her body I will be protecting after all." Harwin remarked and daemon didnt like how he worded that. Her body, he would be protecting. 

"I can take care of Vaera just fine. We don't need-" Daemon began. 

"With all due respect, Prince Daemon. I don't take orders from you." HArwin reminded him as he moved closer to Vaera. 

"Hi, hi." Vhae said letting go of Criston's finger and waving at Harwin. His other hand gripped tight to the strap of Vaera's dress. 

"Hi, hi." Harwin repeated. "Goodness, how can you tell twins apart?" Harwin remarked. "Besides that this little man is a talker." 

"I just know." Vaera told him simply. 

"Kiss mama." Vhae said leaning into Vaera. For a moment Harwin thought Vhaegon was telling Harwin to kiss his mama, to kiss Vaera. Vaera smiled giving Vhaegon a kiss. 

"My sweet boy." Vaera coed running a hand down his back. "Should we get you and your brother some cake?" 

"Ookie!" Vhae corrected. 

"Your son." Harwin remarked with a chuckle. 

"I have them trained well." Vaera agreed. "Oh,' she took a step back towards them. "What is Alicents deal and no sweets? What kind of a monster is she?" 

"So glad you are back." Nyra said leaning into Vaera. 

"You look like you need-" Vaera began. 

"Ookie!" Vhae shouted. 

"That and a nap." Vaera agreed. 

"My feet are killing me." Nyra told her. "I feel like im about to explode."

"They do that to you.' Vaera agreed. "Haemon was difficult." Vaera remarked. "He was huge. Then the twins were so little in comparison."

"I wonder why?" Nyra mused as Vaera led her away. 

+

"You can't honestly think the princess Vaera is going to come in and change everything." Larys offered. 

"She already has." Alicent snapped back. "They bend over backwards for their perfect little girl."

"She is sweet." Larys remarked. 

"She is a monster." Alicent corrected. "Are you on my side or not?" 

"Of course, your grace." Larys agreed. 

"I dont understand, she was gone four years, she abandoned her husband and her family and was welcomed back with open arms, a new husband, three children and a dead lannister."

"Yes..." Larys agreed slowly. 

"I am the queen. I shouldnt be second to Vaera." 

"You are the queen. Rhaenyra has no heirs, it is quite possible she has a daughter and then you just need to convince  the king that Aegon should rule. You will never not be the queen, in this position of power again."

"We can only hope." Alicent hissed. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!" Alicent shouted at her children. looking at their frosting covered faces. "No sweets." she pulled the cookie from Aemond and he stared back at her big teary eyes. 

"Sweets rot your brain." Alicent told them. "Go on, get." she demanded pointing an accusatory finger away from the table. Her children slumped off, she watched them slump right on over to Vaera. "Damnit." Alicent muttered. Sending her children off to the enemy. 

"What's with the long faces honeys?" Vaera asked kissing Aemond cheek. 

"Mother said no sweets." Aegon told her and Vaera scoffed. 

"Ludacris." Vaera declared. 

"You were right she is a cyclone... path." Hela agreed. 

"Cyclone-path indeed!" Vaera laughed out. 

"Vaera love." Daemon coed kissing her neck. "Viserys agreed to something, I don't agree with." Vaera leaned into him. 

"I'm sure my father and you have that problem constantly." Vaera countered. 

"I-" another kiss. "-think-" another kiss. "-I'm-" another. "-right."

"You usually do." Vaera agreed. "What is it?" 

"A sworn sword." Daemon remarked. 

"That's a good idea now that we are back. An extra set of eyes on the littles." Vaera agreed. 

"That is not the problem... the who is." Daemon countered vaguely. 

"Havent the foggiest what you mean." Vaera assured as Nyra moaned out grabbing at the base of her stomach. "Nyra?" 

"baby... coming..." 

"Her term is not complete." 

"Another moon I thought."

"Well it's fucking happening!" Nyra shouted Daemon brought his hands up covering Vaera's ears. She chuckled pulling his hands away. 

"Like we havent said worse." Vaera countered. 

"You are right, usually in bed, with one body part or another ravishing you." Daemon agreed. 

"VAERRRRR-AAAAAHH!" Nyra screamed out. 

"Take the babies." Vaera said passing Vhaegon off. "I love you, and you and you." Vaera said kissing Vhae and Rhae and Haemon. "I love you, and you and you as well." Vaera went on as she kissed Aemond's cheek and ran a hand through Aegon and Hela's hair as she moved past them. 

"Why did you get a kiss?" Aegon asked incredulously. Aemond just stared back at him. "Where is my kiss!" Aegon demanded.