67

Two weeks later:

Judy:( walking over to damon) hi, I don't know if you remember me. I'm Lulu's auntie Judy

Damon; I remember you, are you doing okay?

Judy: it's tough, losing my mama, my sister and now my niece. I'm trying to be strong. How are you? Do the kids understand what happened?

Damon: I'm hurting bad, I can't sleep, my appetite gone. The kids know she's an Angel now, but they still don't really understand

Judy: nods) you gave my niece a beautiful homegoing ceremony. She loved you so much. I talked to her the day before she passed. She was telling me how y'all were having a rough patch and she missed you so much. You were her daily motivation and she never stopped loving you

Damon: tears fall) I did her so wrong, if I could go and start over I would

Judy: things happy for a reason honey( hugs him) if you need anything just give me a call (pulls away and writes down her number on a napkin)

Damon: thank you Ms. Judy

Toya:(walking over to Damon) holding up alright?

Damon: trying to

Toya: I really am sorry, this is so tragic. Have you heard anything back from the police ?

Damon: not yet

Damon pov: Dmack and Toya been acting real strange since Kenya died. They've been asking me the past two weeks have I heard anything about who killed Ken. Toya didn't like kenya so she shouldn't be worried about it.

(Damon's phone rings)

Damon:(answers) hello

Detective: hello Mr. Kettering, this is detective Grant, do you have a moment to talk ?

Damon: um yeah (walks out side) got any good news ?

Grant: we found the killer we believe. The liquor behind the hall gave us access to their rear cameras and we see a man putting on a ski mask, it's kinda dark but the light shines on him enough to where we identified a neck tattoo. Was your wife fighting with anyone ?

Damon; we took a break for a few months but the only person she was arguing with was my baby mama and she was inside helping me get the trash together. What did the neck tattoo look like?

Grant: it's an Egyptian looking tattoo, it's a pharaoh or a queen

Damon:(frowns ) was it on the left side?

Grant: yeah, you know this person?

Damon: my best friend Darren

Damon pov: I instantly felt my blood boil. I went back into the hall and looked for Dmack. Once I found him I tackled him and started beating his ass. This Nigga killed my wife and he sitting in my face like he's so damn concerned. I was fucking him up until I felt myself being pulled off.

Damon: you killed her ! You killed my wife and the police got you on camera !

Imani: daddy calm down please (grabbing his hand) come with me

Imani pov: my daddy was so close to killing Dmack and we don't need him back in prison.
We went outside and over to my car. I made him sit down and I tried to calm him down.

Imani:(hugging him) let it out daddy

Damon:(breaks down crying) I Can't believe he killed her. My own best friend killed my wife! He took her from me.

Toya:comes to the car ) I can't believe he did that. Are you gone be okay damon ?

Damon: looks up at her ) that's why you wanted to know if I heard anything? Did you plan my wife's death?

Imani: woah daddy calm down. Don't take this out on mama

Toya: woah wait a second

Damon: Toya don't lie to me. You didn't like Kenya. Did you have my wife killed ?

Toya: stuttering) n-no

Imani:frowns)mama ? You did didn't you?

Toya: I'm so sorry Damon, I said it and I didn't think he was really gone do it and then it happened. I'm so sorry I really am

Imani:( tears fall) mama how could you? You're so cold blooded !