No.9 Missile Controls

You sat next to Ghost at the table in the middle of the room, and a projector was to your right. Graves was currently on the laptop, connecting with General Shepherd via video call.

A large whiteboard was to your left, and you looked to the door as it opened and in came Soap. You two made eye contact, and you quickly looked away to avoid any arising suspicion between you two from the others.

However, Soap didn't give a damn as he opted to sit next to you and hand you a water bottle he grabbed on the way.

"Now that everyone's here, listen up and don't ask any questions until you're asked to." Graves instructed before taking a seat next to Rodolfo. Alejandro, Rodolfo, and Graves were seated across from you, and you sat between Ghost and Soap.

The projector turned on, showing a map of the Gulf of Mexico. You leaned forward and watched the whiteboard intently, ignoring the fact that Soap's hand rested snugly on your thigh.

"Coordinates obtained through interrogation confirm that an oil rig 400 nautical miles offshore in the Gulf of Mexico." Shepherd spoke as the oil rig was zoomed in on to reveal that there was a ship as well.

"The rig is no longer active and is currently in use by the cartel as a smuggling dead drop. A cargo ship is anchored 500 meters to its northwest, surveillance saw personnel moving a large container from the ship to the rig. That container is now on top of the platform. We believe this is the missile." The General continued, and you gave a shaky sigh.

Seeing the sight of the ship brought back unsavory memories, but you merely began quietly tapping your finger against the table in anticipation. The angle panned out, creating three boat silhouettes along the water in its demonstration.

"TF 141, Colonel Vargas, and Shadow company will infil three boat teams for a simultaneous takedown of both targets." The three boat shapes traversed across the screen, two at the oil rig and one at the ship.

"Ghost will lead the ship assault team, accompanied by Lightweight. Graves, Soap, and Alejandro will engage the oil rig and disarm the missile." The projector then showed a document reading 'Task Force Rules of Engagement' that had many redacted lines on it.

"All shooters will give no quarter. Your orders are to eliminate all threats."

With that, the briefing was over, and you began to stand up. Soap quickly grabbed your arm and pulled you to him, resting his hands on your hips as you stood between his legs.

"Will you be okay on the ship?" He asked and you nodded quickly to try showing that it wouldn't bother you. You looked towards Ghost, and his eyes were dead set on both you and John.

You held your breath before quickly turning back to Soap. Knowing Ghost was glaring directly onto you made you feel even more guilty than before, and you brought your hand up to Soap's cheek.

"I'll be okay, really. If anything comes up, you'll be the first to know." You answered, and Ghost quickly spoke up.

"L/n, a word?" He asked, but it was more of a demand than anything. Soap looked over to him, letting you go and gesturing to Ghost with his eyes.

"Yeah, right of course. Let's talk outside." You hid how nervous you were by giving John a quick squeeze on his shoulder. Ghost stood up and walked to the door, exiting the room as you followed quickly behind him,

As soon as the door was closed, he grabbed you harshly by your shoulders and pushed you up against the wall.

"What in fucks name was that?" He asked in his low tone, filled with anger as his eyes mirrored his emotions perfectly. You rolled your eyes as you tried shrugging his grip off of you.