No.28 Night Sky

After waking up, you showered and sat idly by yourself at the edge of the bathtub. Water ran down your back from your wet hair still flat against your neck, and you stayed silent even as Soap walked into the bathroom.

The towel you had barely covered you as you only kept looking at the floor. Your trance was broken however when seeing Soap kneel before you and take your hands into his.

"Hey, you okay?" He questioned, and you could only nod. The truth was that your body was aching, your lower region sore. It wasn't as though you blamed either Ghost or Soap, you just weren't exactly thinking clearly about what the effects of your actions would be.

He didn't seem to believe you, but you were too tired to do anything else. After just having had sex with the two men that had made an impact in your life, you weren't entirely sure of what you wanted from that point on.

There was a multitude of feelings clashing in your mind. Awkwardness, adoration, desolation, along with many others.

The thoughts were clouding any rationality as the fear set in that they would leave. You were scared that now, they'd gotten what they wanted from you, and they would soon leave.

You just silently dried yourself off, refusing to look up, and you felt Soap's hands gently press a separate towel against your back. A shaky breath escaped your lips as you kept looking down at your lap and listening to the water in the tub that was slowly starting to drain.

You began walking back into the bedroom. Wordlessly, you dressed yourself into uniform, without uttering a word to either of them as your mind was occupied. They could both see the thoughts that were rushing through your brain, all having a different effect.

"L/n, you alright?" The Lieutenant questioned, and you stopped for a moment as you reached for your bulletproof vest that laid idly in one of the duffel bags.

"Yes sir, I'm fine." You quickly answered so that you could quickly end the conversation. There was a humane sense of longing that lodged itself in your throat while you dried your hair with one of the towels.

It was already getting hot again from having all of the layers on, though you didn't care enough to complain or think too much on it. Your mind was slowly starting to piece itself together with a newfound sense of tranquility.

You shot a glance at the two men, seeing both of their eyes already set on you. Holding the towel in your hands, you slowly brought it down from your hair as you expectantly waited for them to say something.

"What? Is something wrong?" You asked them as your eyes flickered between the two. You could no longer see Ghost's expressions due to his mask, but you watched the subtle creases in the outer corners of Soap's eyes; a testament to his worrying.

"You tell us. Is there something wrong, L/n?" Ghost's low voice questioned as you lowered the towel further until it was at level with your hips. You looked down at it, tracing your sight along the darker patches in the fabric indicating where you'd dried your hair.

"I mean— there shouldn't be anything wrong. I don't see why there would be anything..." Your voice trailed off as Soap took a few steps forward so that he would be standing directly in front of you.

His figure towered over you, your breath caught in your throat as you opted to look anywhere except his eyes. You were about to say something before Soap brought his hand to your jaw and angled your face up to look at him.

"If it's what you're worried about, L.t. and I aren't going anywhere. Do you trust us?" The Sergeant questioned while bringing both of his hands to your shoulders, slowly guiding his fingertips to trail along the sleeves of your uniform.