Thanksgiving

November had passed by quickly, but I hadn't gotten to see much of Abe. He would see me randomly and smile, but we didn't really talk. I wished I could move seats in HIKE because I couldn't talk to Nico just yet. He had tried to catch my eye every time but I didn't want to deal with it yet. I know he feels bad because he had been leaving my favorite food on my seat every day, but I still was mad. I wasn't too bad though because me and Nico were never going to work out. We just both were desperate for touch and took advantage of each other. And I knew it, so I can't be mad. Last Friday he had invited me to his big thanksgiving bash, but I just ignored him. I think I might go now though, because Cassie kept telling me I should stop investing my time into being mad at him. So we both are going to go together, a girls night out without drama. I might even make up with Nico- as friends obviously. And maybe MAYBE I was going to catch Abe there. He usually doesn't go to these things but I might have let it out that I planned to go.

I was wearing a red miniskirt with a white tube top. I felt kind of exposed but I needed to get out of my head. I'm sure I look okay? Right? Whatever just shut up and go, you're already late. I climb into my car and drive to Nico's house, and when I get there it is FLOODED. There were so many people I had to park a block away. When I went in, Cassie found me first and we walked to the beer pong table. Nico saw me on the way there and gave me a hopeful smile, and I rolled my eyes but still smiled back a little. Just let loose tonigh, you deserve it. Cassie and I set up the cups on our side, and when I reached for the beer, I knocked it over and it spilled.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry," I say, looking up at the two figure I had just stupidly poured probably a whole gallon of beer on.

"Your playing beer pong?" Abe looks down at me, rubbing the beer off his shirt now with a tissue nearby.

Shit. Way to go y/n. "Uh yeah, why?"

"U don't seem like your the type."

"The type? What's that supposed to mean"

"Never mind," he said, but I could see him smirking.

"Ok fine if your so good why don't we play against each other"

Abe looks at me surprised at first, but then his face changes into something like interest. He grabs the beer, takes off his stained shi- oh my god. What is he doing. I had to look away because my face had just gone red hot. I was going to lose because I would not be able to focus with THAT in front of me

I walk over to my side of the table, cursing at myself for saying yes.

"Why don't we make this more interesting, and place a bet on it" Abe says. Oh no. I don't respond and just stare, and Abe continues. "We can decide what we want after the game." I guess we are doing this.