chapter twenty-seven.

"I don't understand

"I don't understand. So, did he ask you to be his girlfriend?" Jenna muttered while she sat on the kitchen counter. I called in sick today, and I knew I shouldn't have because now she's here.

I shrugged, "No, not really."

I didn't really want to talk to anyone about what happened, but I also didn't want to keep it to myself if I ever needed to tell someone about it.

And that someone was Jenna.

Well, she's the only one I'm closed to. And she's the only one who knows I had sex with Alsace multiple times. So yeah, she's the only person I could talk to.

"What did you do after?" 

I gave her a tight smile, teeth not showing. "I laughed and called him an idiot." 

Jenna's eyes went wide, "Wow... okay. Let's hope none of his men come rushing in here to kill you." 

"They can't kill me." I spoke with assurance. Well, there was no reason they would, right? 

Jenna rolled her eyes. "Yeah, sure. Anyone can kill anyone. You should know that."

I shooed her away, she jumped off the counter and groaned at me. "You should go home." I say.

It was lunch, but I didn't Jenna to stay here since she talks a lot about anything. And I called in sick to be in peace, to be drowning with my own thoughts. Was that selfish? No.

As if Jenna read my mind, she gave me a big, cheeky smile. "Can I have lunch here?"

It was my turn to groan, "No. Go back to the precinct." 

She pouted at me, "Are you going to say yes to him?"

Are we talking about Alsace again? About him kneeling in front of me, asking me to be his girlfriend? Or whatsoever? Did she really want to know? Because I have no idea if I want to even fucking answer the question.

"It's weird." I spoke.

"Weird, how?" she asked, raising a brow with her arms crossed. 

I looked around, abuela nowhere near. She's probably watching, or sleeping. She loves to take afternoon naps. I didn't want to risk it, so I dragged Jenna inside my room and shut the door.

"Well, it's really weird. I mean, if you think about it, it's like gas and fire. Those two don't really mix, or water and oil. You know what I mean?" I ranted.

Jenna nodded. No replies from her so I went on.

"It's not right, right? It's far away from right. I can lose my job for this, no, I can lose everything." I added, "Plus, he's definitely joking around. I mean, let's face it, he's not for real." I laughed at myself, the words rushing to get out of my mouth. "That's just stupid of him to assume that I'd say yes."

"Well, if you're blabbering a lot, then you're probably thinking about it." Jenna interrupted me.

I stopped walking, "I don't want to lose anything. I don't want to risk anything either. It's just... me and him, we're different." I sat down on my bed, beside Jenna. She patted my back softly like a little child comforting her friend.