17

[Sorry for any spelling errors]

For the first half of this chapter I recommend listening to the song:

One More Smile (Live at Electric Lady) by Yebba

You were sitting on the couch, watching tv, When you received a knock at the door. You paused your show and got up to see who it was.

You opened the door to see your parents. You held back tears as your mom gave you a warm smile. You exhaled deeply and fell into her arms, sobbing uncontrollably. She rubbed your back and kissed your head.

You looked at her once more before giving your dad a hug and inviting them inside. They walked in and admired your home, quickly setting their belongings down near the stairs. You nervously stood off to the side as they took a mini tour on the first floor of your home.

"Y/n. My beautiful, sweet daughter." Your mom said as she came up to and placed her hands on the sides of your face, caressing it gently. You looked at her and cried as you placed your hands onto hers.

"Y/n, We are so sorry for the way we treated you back then. We're sorry for not believing you." Your mother said. "And blaming you for what happened." Your father added.

"It was never your fault, although what you did do was wrong but we should've looked past that and focused on what really mattered. We should've been there for you and helped you. We held someone accountable and we chose that someone to be you and that wasn't right for us to do, so we apologize." Your father said as he engulfed you into a deep hug.

"And.." Your mother began, as she looked at you with her eyes filled with tears.

"And we heard about Malakyah..we are so sorry we weren't here for you- for the both of you..I'm sorry we weren't better parents, I'm sorry we didn't set a good example for you guys, growing up." She said as she began to cry.

You looked at her and lifted her head up. "It's okay, momma. I forgive you." You said as you looked over at your father.

You all smiled at each other and dried your faces, eventually sitting down on the couch. You told them how your life went after you left home. How you continued to be a dancer and how you felt happy with what you did in terms of your career choices and how you eventually met the love of your life.

Your mom smiled at how you talked about you and Keigo's relationship. Not once did you mention that you guys were married, but they just assumed so by your promise ring.
Your dad wasn't too impressed, he demanded to meet him; to which you agreed to.

In the midst of the conversation, you glanced over at their suitcases near the stairs and offered to go take them up stairs, they agreed and allowed you to do so.

You cleared your throat as you came down stairs with your son in your arms. Your mom awed at you and gushed at the baby in your arms before taking him into hers.

"Hi baby" She said softly as he looked up at her. Your dad looked back and forth between you and the baby, making you dart your eyes elsewhere.

"Y/n ?" Your dad called over to you.
You sniffed and cleared your throat before answering. "Hmm?" You hummed, still not looking at him.