- 2.13

[Harry and his teammates march toward the Quidditch tower. The cheers of the crowd are heard.]

"Yes! Another Quidditch match!" James clapped.

Wood: Alright, listen up. We play our game, Hufflepuff doesn't stand a chance. We're stronger, quicker and smarter.

Fred: And not to mention, they're dead scared that Harry'll Petrify them if they fly anywhere near him.

Wood: Well, that too. [Just then, Professor McGonagall appears, barring their way.] Professor McGonagall.

Mcgonagall: This match has been cancelled.

"What!?!" James and Sirius screeched.

"Bloody hell, my ears arseholes!" Marlene scolded the two.

Wood: We can't cancel Quidditch.

Mcgonagall: Silence, Wood. You and your teammates will go to Gryffindor Tower, now. Potter, you and I will find Mr. Weasley and Mr. Black. There's something the both of you have to see.

[McGonagall pauses outside the door, turns to Jasper, Harry, and Ron.]

Mcgonagall: I warn you, this could be a wee bit of shock.

[She opens the door. Madam Pomfrey and Avery are leaning over a bed where a girl lies. As she straightens up, we see the girl is...]

Ron: Hermione!

The great hall burst into murmurs and gasps about the girl.

Mcgonagall: She was found near the library, along with this. Does it mean anything to either of you? [She holds up a small circular mirror.]

Harry: [Harry and Jasper shake their heads] No.

Avery: I found her and Penelope Clearwater petrified. I didn't know what to do but scream and Madam Pince came to scold me, until she saw the situation.

Jasper: Isn't Clearwater a muggleborn as well?

Ron: Yes, she's Percy's girlfriend too.

Avery: But, Hermione having a mirror doesn't make any sense. She doesn't even fix her hair in the morning!

Hermione looks to her friend, "Really, Aves?"

"Well, during those years your didn't fix your hair in the morning." Avery shrugged.

[McGonagall nods gravely, leads them out. As they go, the camera drifts to Hermione's hand. Clinched tight in her stiff knuckles, barely visible, is... a piece of paper.]

[McGonagall reads from a parchment to the somber Gryffindors.]

Mcgonagall: Could I have your attention please? Because of recent events, these new rules will be put into effect immediately. ―All students will return to their house common rooms by six o'clock every evening. All students will be escorted to each lesson by a teacher. No exceptions. I should tell you this: unless the culprit behind these attacks is caught, it is likely the school will be closed.

[McGonagall turns, exits. Instantly, as one, the students begin to talk amongst themselves. Harry whispers to Ron and Jasper.]

Harry: We've got to talk to Hagrid, Ron. I can't believe it's him, but if he did set the monster loose last time, he'll know how to get inside the Chamber of Secrets, and that's a start.

Ron: But you heard McGonagall! We're not allowed to leave the tower except for class.

"When has that ever stopped you?" Lily scoffed.