- 3.8

Lupin: I'm sorry about your broom, Harry. There's no chance of fixing it?

[Harry shakes his head in response to Lupin's question, then -- WHOOSH! -- sets Hedwig free of her traces. As she soars into the sky, Harry and Lupin watch from the lake's edge.]

Harry: Why do they affect me so, Professor? I mean, more than everyone else...

Lupin: Dementors are among the foulest creatures that walk this earth. They feed on every good feeling, every happy memory, until a person is left with nothing but his worst experiences. You're not weak, Harry. The Dementors affect you  most, because there are true horrors in your past. Horrors your classmates can scarcely imagine. You have nothing to be ashamed of.

Harry: I'm scared, Professor.

Avery squeezed Harry's hand, comforting the boy. He looked down at her, smiled, and whispered," I'm all good now, Love."

Lupin: I'd consider you a fool if you weren't.

Harry: I need to learn how to fight them. You could teach me, Professor. You made that Dementor on the train go away...

Lupin: There was only one that night...

Harry: But you made it go away.

Lupin: I don't pretend to be an expert, Harry. But yes, I can teach you. Perhaps after the holiday. For now, though, I need to rest. I'm feeling... tired.

"Very humble." Peter smiled at his friend.

[Harry turns, studies Lupin's haggard face. A weary smile appears as Hedwig's reflection glides over Lupin's irises.]

Lupin: Beautiful...

[Harry looks up, watches Hedwig pinwheel through the blue, past the Clock Tower and exit frame.]

Harry: [notices the time on the clock] Bloody hell— I have to go sir.

Lupin: [smiles] Yes, you're alright Harry. Tell my daughter I said hi.

Lily gasped, "Your study date!"

"And Moony here, let my son live to take out his daughter." James smirked then muttered, "No boys till thirty my arse."

[Harry blushes and nods then starts to run to the library. Rushes through crowds muttering apologies, he makes it to the library on time. Out of breath. He looks for Avery, and notices the curly-headed girl at a table to towards the back of the library.]

Harry: [out of breath] Hello, love.

Avery: [taking in his appearance, chuckles] Why are you out of breath? And where are your books.

Harry: [takes his wand out] Accio booksack! [his booksack came swarming into the library, knocking over a first year, and into his hand.]

"Bloody hell, Harry!" Ron laughed. Theo and Blaise were chuckling so hard, they leaned on each other for support.

Avery: Merlin! [hops out of her chair to help the first year] Are you okay, sweetheart?

Harry: [mouths jealously] Sweetheart? [walks toward the two] Sorry about that mate.

First Year: Don't worry about it, it's not the first time a bag flew out of nowhere hitting me upside the head. Oh wait, IT IS!

Avery: [shushes the boy] You're lucky Madam Pince is on her lunch break. [conjures up a chocolate frog, gives it to the boy] Here, sorry about him. He may be a third year but he's still getting used to magic.