Chapter Five

Me and Wednesday are almost done scraping off the colors on the window. "What the hell did you do to my room?" Enid says causing me and Wednesday to turn around.

   "Dividing our room equally." Wednesday says and kicks the paper that was on the wall over to Enid side.

   "Looks like a Rainbow vomited in your side." Wednesday says walking to her type writer. "I-" Enid says, "silence would be appreciated. This is my writing time." Wednesday says cutting her off.

    "Your writing time?" Enid questions, "she devotes an hour a day to her novel." I say, "perhaps if you did the same your vlog might be coherent. I've read serial killer diaries with better punctuation." Wednesday says which is getting Enid mad.

    "I write in my voice. It's my truth. It what my followers love." Enid says, "your followers are clearly imbeciles. Oh hey respond to your stories with insipid little pictures." Wednesday says walking up to Enid.

     "Uh, you mean, emojis? It's how people express their feelings. You know I realize that's a foreign concept to you." Enid says.

   "When I look at you, the following emojis come to mind. Rope, shovel, hole." Wednesday says walking away. "By the way, there are two D's in Addams. If your going to gossip about us, at least spell our name correctly." Wednesday says as she's about to sit down in the chair she was just in.

     Enid then plays music and starts dancing. We look at each other and she grabs my ands and starts to dance and I join her. "Turn that off." Wednesday says looking over at us and I copy Enids moves.

"This is your final warning." Wednesday threatens and I stop dancing. "Rawr." Enid says as she pulls out her calls. I do love the colors of them.

"Don't mess with me." Enid threatens "this kitty's got claws, and I'm not afraid to use them." Enid says and they stare at each other until someone opens the door.

"Good evening, girls." Someone says and Enid hides her claws and puts her hands behind her back. "Oh, sorry about the mud." The lady apologizes as she closes the door.

"I wanted to make sure Wednesday and Monday were settling in." The lady says and she noticed the line and she put one foot on each side.

"Ah. Is this a bad time?" She asks and we all look at each other. "I'm Ms. Thornhill, your dorm mom. Apologies, I wasn't here to greet you when you arrived. I trust Enid has given you the old nevermore welcome." Ms. Thornhill says as she looks at Enid the back to us.

"She's been smithing us with hospitality." Wednesday says for me. "I hope to return the favor." Wednesday pauses, "in her sleep." Wednesday says causing me and Enid to look over at her.

    "Well, here's a little welcome gift from my conservatory. I try to match the right flower to each of my girls. When I read your girls personal statements in you application, I immediately thought of theses." The lady says handing us the flowers.

  "The black dahlia." Me and Wednesday say in unison. "Oh, you know it." Ms. Thornhill says. "Of course. It's named after my favorite unsolved murder." Wednesday says and Ms. Thornhill gives my sister a look.

    "Thank you." Me and my sister say in unison. "Okey-dokey. Before I leave. I want to go over a few house rules. Lights off at 10:00, no loud music, and no boys, ever." Ms Thornhill says and I roll my eyes at the boy part.

     "What's is he story about going into the local town?" I asked "passes to Jericho are a privilege, not a right. It's a brisk 25 minutes walk, or there's a shuttle on the weekends. The locals are a tad bit wary about Nevermore, so please don't go making any waves, or perpetuating any outcast stereotypes." Ms Thornhill says an then pauses 

    "That means keep your claws to yourself, no smothering people in their sleep, and no sneaking boys in." She says as she looks to Enid then Wednesday then me.

   "Are we clear?" She asks and looks at us and her smile returns. "Great talk." She says with a chuckle and walks out.

    Once the door shuts Wednesday goes back to writing and Enid walks over to her bed. I look at the two of them, and decided to go see Enid.

"Hey." I say happily and stand in front of her. "Hi." Enid says. "Can you show me what social media is like since well Wednesday would never talk about it." I asked and Enid gets a hug smile on her face . "Sit down." She says and pats a space next to her.

Enid goes on different sites like insta, then TikTok's which some are funny. Then we go on Snapchat and she takes photos with these weird things that appear on your face.

I touch my face to make sure nothing changed on me. "It's only on the phone." Enid says as she lets out a chuckle. "Oh." I say holding out the O.

Then I start to laugh at my stupidity, I looked over at my sister who seemed to be happy that I'm laughing and smiling but she seems sad.

"Hold on." I say before Enid takes another photo. I get up and walk over to my sister and grab her arm and drag her to Enid's side of the room. "Now we can take another photo." I say and Enid smiles and takes a photo.

Wednesday had made a weird face as me and Enid are smiling and giggling. The night continued with laughs and giggles from me and Enid but Wednesday went back to writing or tried to at least.

    We all went to sleep at 10, I slept in the bed with Wednesday. I let darkness consume me after a few minutes.