Chapter Twelve

"How could you miss a dead body?" I asked, "cause it wasn't there. No footprints, no blood, no sign of a struggle. Nothing, nada. My search party looked all night." The sheriff says.

     "Well you search party must have left their seeing eye dogs at home." Wednesday says.

    "We saw that monster kill down right in front of us." I say "get a good look at this monster thing?" The sheriff asks.

"It didn't stick around for a chat." I say annoyed "maybe it was one of you classmates." The sheriff says.

"Sheriff, I find That question offensive." Principal Weems says. "I don't care, cause I got three other dead bodies in the morgue. Hikers just ripped apart in the woods." The sheriff said frustrated.

"The mayor said those were bear attacks." Principal Weems says, "well the mayor and I disagree on that." The sheriff says.

"So you automatically assume a nevermore student is the murderer, even though there's no evidence a crime was even committed." Principal Weems says.

"I'm sorry. I forgot, you only teach the good outcasts here, right?" The sheriff says causing principal Weems to sigh.

We then enter principal Weems office. "My guess is rowan ran away. State troopers have put out an alert, and I've contacted his family, but they haven't heard from him either." Principal Weems says.

    "Dead people are notoriously bad at returning calls." I say, "what were you girls doing out in the woods with him?" The Sheriff asks.

    "We heard a noise in the forest and went to go investigate." I say coming up with an excuse. "That's when we stumbled upon the attack." Wednesday says.

"Then what happened." The sheriff asked. "Then we ran into Bianca barclay and we told her to go get help." Wednesday says. "Next thing I remember, I was awaking in my dorm." I say.

"And just to be clear, this monster wasn't a bear or some other wild animal?" The sheriff asked. "We've hibernated with grizzlies." Wednesday says.

"We know the difference." I say. "Thank you, sheriff. I think this to Addams are done now" Principal Weems says. "Actually I would like to speak to sheriff Galpin. Alone." Wednesday says.

"I'm not sure I can allow that."principal Weems says lowly. "I'm sure I could take her to the station and get a formal statement." Sheriff Galpin says.

"Yeah, let's go." Sheriff Galpin says, "fine you have five minutes, and everything is off the record. Play nice... or I will call the mayor" Prinipal Weems says.

Me and principal Weems walk out. I turn around for a second until I hear someone. I then see rowan and a cop.

I stare at rowan as the cop opens the door then I look at my sister who is also in shock.

(A/N: sorry I haven't been posting I've been sick and haven't had the energy to do any thing)