Chapter Fifteen

After an hour Xavier snuck out and I left the dorm and I snuck to our plant class.  I see Xavier sitting down. It seems as if everyone is already sitting down. As I see Wednesday sitting with Enid.

       I sat down next to Xavier who is drawing a black widow. Xavier then hovers his hand over the drawing.

    Then the spider comes out of the paper. I watch the spider crawl, "I doubt Monday Is impressed by your tricks, Mr. Thorpe." Ms. Thornhill says.

    "Are you a little impressed." He asked and I blow the widow out and everyone laughs. "A little. All though I'd prefer a butterfly" I say quietly so only so Xavier can hear and he smiles.

     "Monday, Wednesday, we're thrilled to have you join us on our journey into the world of carnivorous plants. Now.... Who can tell us the name of this beauty?" Ms Thornhill asks.

   Bianca raises her hand, "Dendrophylax lindeii." I say and Bianca looks at me. "Otherwise known as the ghost orchid."  Bianca says. "First discovered on the Isle of Wight in 1854." I say and everyone looks at me.

    "Very good, Monday." Ms Thornhill says. I look at my sister who is smirking. "You May have competition for first chair, Bianca." Ms Thornhill says and I look at Bianca with a smile.

    Then some classmates let out an Ooh noise. "Monday, perhaps you can identify the ghost orchids greatest qualities." Ms Thornhill asks. "Resilience and adaptability. It's able to thrive I. Even the most hostile environments."  I say.

     "But it's mere presence can change the ecosystem. Causing the established plants to reject it. " Bianca says "usually because the native species is allowed to thrive unchecked. Nothing a weed wacker couldn't fix." I say.

  "You can most certainly try." Bianca says, "are we still talking about followers?" Xavier asks and some students chuckle.

     "Thank you, ladies, for those illuminating insights. Clearly the plants aren't the only carnivores in the class today." Ms Thornhill says.

      I happily zone out for the rest of class.