Chapter Eight

I sit on the floor reading as Wednesday types her book listening to music. Then the bed squeaks, me and Wednesday slowly look at it and we get up and approach the bed. 

    I left the covers only to reveal thing. "We knew it." Me and Wednesday say in unison. "Hello thing." We say in unison. Thing then try's to leave but Wednesday catches him.

   "Did you think our highly trained olfactory sense wouldn't pick up on the faint whiff of neroli and bergamot in your favorite hand lotion?" Wednesday as we walk to her desk.

    "We could do this all day." I say and Wednesday slams thing on the desk with her hand still on him. "Surrender?" Me and Wednesday say and thing tapes frantically.

   Wednesday let's go of him and he stands up. I move the lamp over him. "Mother and father sent you to spy on us, didn't they." I say and thing lifts his finger then puts it down.

   "I'm not above breaking a few fingers." Wednesday says. "That they thought I wouldn't find out proves how much they underestimate us." Wednesday says.

And thing makes hand signals. "Oh, thing, you poor, naive appendage." Wednesday says and thing make hand signals again. "Our parents aren't worried about us."I say "they're evil puppeteers who want to pull our strings even from afar." Wednesday says.

"The way I see it, you have two options." I says. "Option one." I say.

"We lock you I here for the rest of the semester, and you go slowly insane trying to claw your way out, ruining your nails and your smooth, supple skin. And we all know how vain you are." Wednesday says bringing thing to the drawer of the desk.

"Option two." Wednesday says bring thing out of the drawer and placing him down shouting the drawer.

"You pledge you undying loyalty to us." I say and thing knees and stands back up. "Our first order of business is to escape this teenage purgatory." Wednesday says and thing signals again. "Of course we have a plan and it begins now."

May hell break loose