Chapter 28

Kassie fixed the microphone around the back as the cameraman followed her into her apartment. She had told her director what she planned on doing- he was stoked to see the drama. He even had a writer write her some lines when or if she couldn't figure out what to say to Andrew. Andrew had agreed to be taped which made her nervous. She knew when that door opened there would be big lights staring at her behind the couch. Oh my god. What did I get myself into? Oh my god. She took a deep breath opening the door.

"hey baby!" he smiled at her standing up to help her with her suitcase.

"Hi!" she answered hugging him. He drug her stuff into their bedroom laying it on the floor. She followed him into the bedroom sitting on the bed.

"Hey...so..." she said tapping her feet bobbing her head for a second gathering her thoughts. "How much did you finish this weekend?" she asked him.

"Oh...a lot. I finished two chapters. I just need to proofread them. "

"That's good." she said standing up to take her things out of her suitcase. She heard a voice in her ear.

"Just do it, Kassandra. We have to move locations soon."

"Andrew....I'm sorry." she said leaning against the doorframe trying to decide if she should leave or not.

"So you aren't even going to deny what happened?" he asked her.

"That's not you, Kassie. I didn't want to believe it. I just had to ask."

"It happened. And I feel dirty. I feel gross. And most of all, I feel broken, Andrew. " she told him heading towards him.

"You better feel that way. That's just...just..I don't know. Kassandra. I think we need to take a break."

"Like a Ross and Rachel break...like one where I hook up with him again because it was the best sex I've ever had type of break." Kassie answered him.

"Woah. Really?" he asked defending himself.

"Yeah. I'm sorry Professor Smarty Pants, but we're done. I'm going to get my stuff out of here by the end of the week. Elyse said I could stay with her." Kassie told him.

"Oh. Well, that's okay..." Andrew answered her walking past her. "I have to go tutor someone. Have a good night." he told her. "And you can leave the key on the table." he said pulling off the mic walking behind the camera. She saw the director whisper something to the cameraman. He walked a little closer to Kassie as she felt tears welling up in her eyes. She turned around so they wouldn't get her tears.

"Y'all can leave now." she told them grabbing her phone with one hand grabbing her phone with another.

"Thank you, Kassandra. You'll be okay." the male director told her.

"I hope so." she answered. After they left the apartment.

Kassie sat on her bed dialing her sister. "Liv...I did it...." she cried into the phone.

"Good. I know it hurts..." she said.

"Oh..my doorbell..." Kassie interrupted her sister.

"Call me back..." Olivia answered.

She opened the door seeing her friend, Elyse with a big box in her hand. "Let's get your cheating ass out of here..." she laughed.

"Yes, please." Kassie said sniffing away her tears.

**

The next day Kassie walked into her office ready for a meeting to discuss the weekend.

"Kassandra, please come see me...." her boss asked her walking them toward his big windowed office.

"Hi. I think the weekend went well..." Kassie told him.

"Oh. It was fabulous. And that's why I wanted to talk to you."

"Oh?" she asked.

"Yes. You and Clarissa did so well. The LA office can't stop gushing about the two of you. We'd like to offer you both new expanded positions in Los Angeles." he told her.

"Oh my gosh!" Kassie exclaimed.

"I know you have Andrew and all your family are here..." he said referring to an uncle and cousin he had met. "So take your time to decide. We don't need to know for two weeks. The first big event – a charity auction isn't until the 19th."

"Oh...yeah...no. I don't need any time at all. I'll take it." she told him.

"Great. Let's all three get together later today to discuss things." he told her standing up to shake her hand.

"Yes! Thank you so much." she said walking out the door closing the door behind her leaving her boss, director and cameraman in the room. The director walked over to her boss to tell him something.

"That worked better than planned, James." her director said.