Chapter 97

"Bruno...that's like proposing to a girl...you don't just do that..." she said walking out of the bedroom taking a bottle of water watching his nephew playing a video game.

"Kass...." Bruno called out following her outside where she was sitting.

"B...I haven't had a lot of control over what has happened in the last year and a half...like your career and my career and moving and getting married and everything...but this is something I do have control over. And I don't think I'm ready..." she told him watching his expression change from confusion to sadness.

"But Kittie..."

"Bruno...would we be getting married if Vegas hadn't happened?" she asked him.

"Yeah." he told her honestly.

"No we wouldn't. No way." she shook her head.

"Kassandra...will you marry me?" he asked her taking her hand.

"Stop being dumb, Bruno. I was being serious." she answered him.

"I was too. Will you marry me?" he asked again. "Will you spend the rest of your life with me, change your last name, sleep next to me, cook me dinner, watch movies with me, go out with me and tell me when I need to stop drinking, have amazing and horrible sex with me and then have my children and promise to die after me so I don't have to spend a minute without you, Kass?"

"That sounds sweet." she answered him watching him adjust his hat to look at her. Damn those eyes. She thought to herself. "I'm not ready yet, Bruno." she told him in a quiet tone as if she was admitting to a secret.

"Kittie...I don't want to rush into anything...it has to be perfect."

"B...everything has to be perfect for you..." she smiled at him.

"Yeah..and that's why I'm with you...and if perfect means waiting than I'm ready to wait." he said crossing his arms pretending to wait for her.

"It's not going to be within the next two hours..." she said glancing at her phone counting the time until they were going to eat dinner.

**

"He said he wants to start a family..." Kassie told Jordan as she picked up the plates from the table.

"He said what?" Jordan asked.

"Yeah. No shit." she told her friend who was visiting Ryan for two weeks.

"Does he even understand how big of a can of worms he just opened? Does anyone else know he said that?" she asked.

"I don't know. But if you say it any louder everyone will know..." Kassie said laughing.

"What did you say? You didn't say yes, did you?" Jordan asked starting the water in the sink.

Kassie jumped up on the now empty counter taking a spoonful of left over green bean casserole. "I said no way. If there's anything in this relationship that I control it's my ovaries." she told Jordan.

"Good job. That's the way to do it." Jordan said giving Kassie a high five. "To not having children!" Jordan said.

"I didn't say never, though. I said I was thinking about it. And I don't know...it might be the right time..." she started to think out loud. "He's not touring for a while and fuck me...I hurt from all the sex we've been having. We might as well be doing it with a purpose...because I don't know how much more she can take." Kassie said through a laugh.

"OhmygodKassandra." Jordan started to blush.

"It's true." she returned the embarrassed look. "I mean...it's like...I wouldn't be upset if it happened." she shrugged walking back out to where everyone else was sitting. 2+"At least we knew it could happen...2+" she finished the sentence sitting down in between Bruno and Ryan.

"What could happen?" they both asked at the same time.

"Nothing." Jordan and Kassie answered laughing.

"I instantly regret dating your wife's best friend, bro." Ryan said laughing.

"Shut up, you love it!" Jordan answered kissing him on the cheek then glancing at Bruno.