Chapter 109

He pulled the phone away from his ear as she started to yell at him. He heard her catch her breath a few seconds later so he brought his head back to the phone walking as far away from Audrey as possible "I trusted you." he heard her say through her tears.

"Kassandra...I...." he was still in shock about what happened.

"You didn't even tell me she was there!" she told him in a more calm tone.

"Sweetheart....they're here too..."

"Like that does me any good now, Bru. You should have told me before you left. Oh my god. I trusted you. I had faith in you. I..."

"Kittie...I'm as shocked about what just happened as you are." he told her taking a seat on the sidewalk pulling out his cigarettes.

"Brunz..are you smoking?" she asked him.

"Mhmm..." he said through a puff.

"Brunito...what happened?" she asked. "You only smoke when you're stressed out."

"She was talking about you. She was acting jealous and mean and...I called her out on it. I told her she needed to leave if she was going to talk about you."

"Aww, B...that's sweet." she answered in a calm voice. He had somehow made her believe in what had just happened.

"Kass...believe me when I say I have no idea what was going on....you called right after she kissed me..."

"She did what?" she asked getting angry again. "Bruno! How did I just go from believing you to being upset again?"

"I'm not done yet, Kassandra.. Just let me finish." he told her. There was silence on the other end of the phone.

"Go on, Brunz,"

"She just...I was walking her out of the restaurant and she said I'm sorry about what I'm about to do....and she kissed me. I was trying to get away from her when you called. She took my phone....Kittie....I don't know what happened. I just don't know..." his voice started to shake.

"B....I believe you. I believe you..." she said in a sweet voice. "Baby...I know you didn't do that on purpose...." he listened to her as he saw Audrey walking back toward him. "She's there isn't she?"

"Yeah."

"Give her the phone, Peter." she demanded. He handed the phone to Audrey as she smiled at him.

"I swear on my husband's life, Audrey....there will be hell to pay if I even hear that you are even thinking about him. If you even consider being in the same room with him, I will kick your ass all the way back to the day before you met him. And that's a fucking promise, Do you understand me?" Kassie demanded. Audrey burst out laughing at Kassie's attempt to scare her.

"Yeah. Okay. We'll see who wins this one." Audrey laughed again.

"Babe...I won a long time ago. There's no reason to even try. You had your chance. You left him. Now let me talk to my husband again." she handed the phone back to him walking away toward the street. Bitch. Bruno thought to himself taking the phone.

"I love, Kassandra." he responded.

"I love you too. I can't wait for you to be home."