Chapter 103

"Kassandra! What are you doing?" she heard Penny exclaim during the aftermath of Claire's knockout.

"Mom...it's better you don't understand." Kassie answered handing her mother a drink. "Drink that and you'll forget about what happened."

"Kassandra..I didn't raise a boxer. I raised a lady." Penny said placing the drink on the table she was sitting at.

"Mom..I'm serious. Don't even bother. It's hard to explain."

"I have plenty of time." she answered tapping her fingers on the table.

"You're going to be waiting a long time." Kassie said standing up to walk toward someone else.

**

"Look at that dres..." Olivia said staring at the short Vera Wang dress her sister had worn in Las Vegas.

"At least I got it cleaned.." Kassie said running her fingers along the ruffled edges.

"It was pretty gross...you slept in it didn't you?" Tiara asked.

"Yeah...but wait..does it mean we're not going to last if he's already seen it?" she asked.

"No, you two are already married..." Amy told her handing her a bobby pin to fix her hair.

"Well, yeah...but still...I don't want to ruin it...I need a new dress...a new dress..." Kassie repeated.

"Kass...you don't have time..." Olivia answered.

"I can be late..." she said grabbing her purse. "We're going...." Turning the knob to the door she saw her mother and step mother walking toward the room with a bright purple garment bag."Are those for y'all?" she asked them.

"No...it's yours..." her mother answered pointing to the room.

"What? Mom!" Olivia screamed while Kassie stood in shock.

!"Well, open it!" Tahiti answered.

Janie held the bag as Penny unzipped it revealing a long strapless white dress with small embellishments along the waist and the hem. "It's just what I would have picked...Mommy...it's perfect." she told her mother hugging her.

"I couldn't have picked it without Janie. She found your vision board in the closet..."

Kassie and Tiara burst into laughter hearing the word vision board.

"It wasn't a vision board mom. It was a dream collage." Kassie answered.

"But there's not a picture of Bruno on there...." Jamie remembering the girls' love for Justin Timberlake.

"Justin Timberlake, Bruno...same thing." Kassie shrugged getting into the dress. Everyone stopped and gasped as she turned looking in the mirror.

"Kassandra...it's beautiful." her mother said hugging her daughter.

"I'm sorry mom." Kassie told her through their embrace.

"No, Kittie. I'm sorry." she told her daughter.

After they finished getting ready Tom came to get Kassie.

"Oh. My daughter is beautiful." he smiled at her taking her hand leading her toward the beach. Kassie closed her eyes through the shining sun waiting until the last second to open them seeing Bruno laughing at something Sam had just told him. The sight of his infectious smile made her shiver and get tingly all at the same time. Bruno's uncle started playing the song Bruno had arranged for Kassie to walk down the aisle. She sunk her feet into the sand taking a look at the ground seeing the little foot prints of cousins, nephews and other family members ahead of her.

Bruno nudged his brother in the side as she walked down the aisle. "Where did she get that dress? That's not the one she was wearing in Vegas."

"Don't talk, Bruno. This is like the best moment of your life. Just look at her. Look at her smile, her eyes, her hair...her ears...the tears in her eyes..." Eric told her.He's right...she is so beautiful. Her hair...oh my god. I love her so much. He thought to himself seeing her hold her hand out to take his hand with small drops of tears on her cheek. He let them fall looking at her lightly blushed cheeks, smudged penciled eye liner, small scar from her car accident and thick eye lashes. Kassie felt herself stop breathing looking at his deep caring brown eyes, perfect eyebrows, patches of chicken pox scares and finally the tiny mark on the bottom of his chin from the stitches he got earlier in the year. She touched the edge of his shirt fixing the sleeve that was rolled up still not speaking.

"Umm...are y'all done?" Sam asked.

"Let me have my moment." Kassie replied taking her hand off his sleeve.