Chapter 120

The elevator door opened at the fourth floor an hour after they stepped in. Bruno held onto her back running her to the doctor's office. Where are Neil and Victoria? He thought to himself continuing to hurry her to the office.

"Where are they?" he asked her noticing there wasn't anyone in the building.

"If something happened then everyone is probably outside. I'll be okay, Bru..." she told him pointing to the stairs. "Let's go." she said dragging him toward the stairs. "It's only four flights. I got this." she told him. Owww. She thought to herself. They made it down one set of stairs before being welcomed by smoke and debris all over the floor. "Bruno...what happened?" she asked him.

"I don't know, Kass...it's big though..." he took a hold of his phone seeing that the network was unavailable. Shit. He thought to himself. They hit the second set of stairs seeing several people in suits and uniforms.

"They're over there!" they heard someone yell. Bruno and Kassie stopped where they were standing not sure how to respond. They saw Andy swiftly walking toward them.

"Come with me..." he demanded.

"We need to get her to a doctor...everything else can wait..." Bruno answered.

"Please." Kassie said in a scared tone.

Andy waved his hand to another agent. "Get Haradi." he yelled looking at the two of them. "Everything is okay now." he answered their concerned looks.

"Are you two okay?" Dr. Haradi asked equally as concerned as they were. "We'll have to wait for...."

"I'm having contractions..." Kassie interrupted.

"Where does it hurt?" the doctor asked.

"On my sides...and my back started to hurt this morning..." Kassie said pointing to her back.

"And how many have you had since you were in the elevator?" the doctor responded.

"Like 6...but they weren't like rhythmic or anything..really random..." Kassie answered.

"I think you're having Braxton Hicks contractions..but to make sure we should go to the hospital..."

"So she'll be okay?" Bruno asked still nervous.

"All women get them...it's just a matter of becoming aware of them. But we do need to see you at the hospital. And we can look at our little one when we get there. Okay?" she asked using a soft reassuring tone.

Bruno and Kassie nodded their heads in agreement. "Bruno...I'm still scared." Kassie told him watching the doctor walk away after she instructed them on what to do when they got to the hospital.

"I am too, Kassandra." he answered squeezing her hand as Andy came back up to them with another agent they had never met.

"Mr. and Mrs. Hernandez...we need to talk to you about today's events." he told the couple.

"What happened? Or is that all secret and stuff?" Bruno responded.

"What we know is that there were plans to hurt the two of you today. Neil and Victoria were aware of those threats and were investigating them since early in the morning. To ensure your safety they did check the perimeter of the building. As they walked the edge they encountered several people. One of those had an explosive device on their person. It is our understanding that you two were the initial targets. They were aware of your usual travel style- walking behind your protection. When they saw Neil and Victoria walk toward them they knew you would be behind them. And they exploded their device causing several injuries and two deaths..."

"Who were the two?" Kassie asked.

"Neil and Victoria..." Andy answered in a sad tone.

"Oh my god!" Kassie yelled. "No!"

"Unfortuntely, this is a dangerous line of work, Kassandra." Andy answered.

"Oh my god....I can't....I can't breathe...oh.....oh my....oh my god..." Kassie gasped.

"Kittie...."Bruno rubbed her back trying to get her to calm down. She turned toward him trying to calm down by looking at him. "Listen to me..." he replied. "Listen to me..." he repeated hugging her the same way his mother would hug him when he was younger and got scared. She knew exactly what he was doing laying her head on his shoulder listening to his breathing.