Chapter 1: Becoming A Proxy

*Naomi's P.O.V*

I looked out my window several times. I don't know why, but I have been hearing strange noises coming from the woods, just outside my window. It started yesterday after got home from my first Volleyball game. Some people say that the woods is haunted, but I didn't believe them at first. Now I do. Do you wanna know why? Because at one point I thought I saw a husky covered in blood going into the woods. I keep thinking to myself that I should go and investigate.
Well, I had nothing better to do. I made sure I grabbed my compass so I wouldn't get lost in the woods. I left a note on the table for my mom so when she got home from work she would know where I was. I walked to the door slipping my black colored Converse on. Then I headed out of the back door. I stopped right at the edge of the woods.
I took a look back, taking a deep breath, and made sure I wanted to do this. I headed into the woods at a safe pace. Almost straight away I heard noises coming from a bush a couple of feet away. I looked around. Eventually I noticed a tree with a big trunk and quickly hid behind it. After a couple of seconds I looked back. I saw the bushes moving and a little black kitten about 10 weeks old came out. I ran over, picked it up, and held it close to my chest. A couple minutes later it started purring. I didn't hear anymore or any other noises, so I figured that was what the noises were. I turned around....

...BAM...
I was literally face to face with a figure in a black suit with 8 tentacle-like arms with no face. I just stood there staring at it until it started talking.

"What are you doing here?" It had asked in a deep husky voice.

"I heard strange noises so I came to find out what they were." I answered calmly.

"You must obey my orders." It said.

"And why should I do that?" I asked in a pissed off tone.

"Or else...you will die." It said in a serious voice.

"Then what are your orders?" I questioned him listening carefully.

"You must go home and get everything you need. come back at noon tomorrow to become a proxy." It said then nodded. I nodded back to it. But I still had a few questions to ask it.

"Um, excuse me, but I have a few question?." I said hoping that it would answer them.

"Well, what are they?" It said sounding concerned.

"What is your name, what is a proxy, why am I a proxy, and can I bring a pet?" I asked hoping it would not get mad at me asking stupid questions.

"My name is Slenderman, but you can call me Slendy, a proxy is something that has a special talent, you are a proxy because you are not scared of anything, and yes you can bring a pet, but only one." Slendy said all at once then ran out of breath. I just felt as if a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders. What surprised me the most was that I was excited to become a proxy.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!" I said as I randomly gave Slendy a hug. I know I shouldn't be happy because I'm leaving my family, but I should also be worried that my life could be at risk or in danger. The fact that I get to bring Princess made it more exciting. I named the kitten Princess because it is a girl, and because she is my princess.

"DID YOU HEAR ME?!?" Slendy screamed at me.

"No sir, sorry sir." I said as if I was in the Military.

"It's okay, just don't let it happen again, and call me Slendy please."

"Okay, anyway what did you say Slendy?" I asked.

"I said you can't tell anyone about this, and your mother is calling for you." Slendy stated.

"Naomi, Darling!" I could hear my mom calling my name in the distance.

"Oh yeah your right. Well I better get going see you tomorrow." I said as I skipped to my mom. I gave her a big bear hug.I remembered about Princess in that moment as she was inside my coat. I looked at my mom with big blue pleading eyes.

"What is it?" She asked with concern. I pulled out the soft shivering kitten.

"Oh, hell no, we are not keeping that kitten, I'm sorry, but we don't have the money to be taking care of it." She said kind and soft. I looked at her with my puppy dog face.

"Fine, but only for a few days until we can find it a new home." My mom said with a smile on her face.

"Oh, thank you mom!!" I said happily and jumped up and down. Little did she know that tonight would be the last night I slept in my own bed in this house. We walked home after that. When we got in the house on the counter was my favorite dinner: BBQ ribs, mashed potatoes, and broccoli mixed in with cheese. I ate quickly making sure to put some in containers to take with me when I go live with Slendy.
I headed to my room to pack. In one big bag I put everything me and Princess needed to survive plus a couple things for me to do when I get bored. I gave Princess a little bit of my dinner and water for it to last the night. I found a little spot on my bed for her to sleep. I changed into my PJ's and laid down under my soft, warm, baby blue comforter. After I laid down Princess came and sat on my chest. Then she started to purr and fell asleep. Soon after that I fell into a restless sleep.
I woke up to Princess licking my face. It was 7:30 A.M. and my mom usually gets up around 8:30 A.M. So I figured it would give me plenty of time to get up and around. I sat in bed for a couple minutes staring at my grey walls. I got up out of bed that was I could get in the shower. While I was in there I brushed my teeth. When I got out I put on black short shorts and a blue tank top. I brushed my hair and put it in a high tight ponytail. I got my shoes on and grabbed my bag and Princess. I took $10 from my mom's purse to buy Princess a leash and collar. I walked out the door and down the road to the pet store. When I was inside I walked around and saw a dark purple collar with "Princess" on it. I put it on Princess and it was a perfect fit for her. Then I just grabbed a plain black leash. I took the stuff up to the counter. I gave the cashier all of the $10 and told her keep the change. After I got outside I put her collar on her and connected the leash to it. I picked up my bag and walked into the woods. After about an hour or so I came across a big house by a river. I knocked on the door. Slendy answered it.

"Hello Naomi." Slendy said nicely.

"Sup Slendy." I said back. He backed up and moved away from the door which meant that I could come in. I walked in and followed Slendy to the living room. He sat me in the middle of the room and wrapped all his arms around me. He started chanting something. Then all of a sudden he said...

"I now pronounce you a proxy."