Chapter 15: Boys

*Naomi's P.O.V.*
I watch him pacing back and forth by the swings on the phone. What was I going to do if his friend said yes or what if he said yes. I decided to take out my phone and check and see what time it was. I clicked the power button to turn my screen on. On the home screen there was a picture of me when I was a few years younger than I was now. I had dyed my hair red and I made it straighter than it usually was. I had different strands of hair everywhere and making a weird face. I slide my finger across the screen making the lock screen show up. I type in the pin. When my phone unlocks it says it's about 10 in the morning. I click the power button once again turning my phone off. When I looked up from putting my phone back into my back pocket I found the guy standing in front of me again.

      "He said he isn't home right now because he is getting coffee at a cafe, but he said we could meet him there and that you could stay with him if you like." he said it kinda like he was excited about me staying with his friend. Almost like he wanted me to stay there. I stood up and turned around to get my bag, but then I realized it was gone. I was panicking on the inside. My heart was pounding fast and hard. I turned around to ask him if he had seen anyone take it. When I turned around and saw that he had my bag in his hand. I smiled, he seemed like a really nice guy. "I never got your name by the way." He said as be begun to walk toward the sidewalk and down the road to the cafe.

"I'm Naomi, Naomi Santiago. This is my kitten Princess." I look down a her walkin on the sidewalk, me holding onto her leash. "What about you? What's your name?" I asked looking up and over at him, still carrying my bag.

      "I'm Jake Long." He said simply looking at the road ahead of us. "The cafe is just up there. Let's keep going." We began to walk faster and look both ways before crossing the street. I follow closely behind him. We walk into the cafe, it smelt of vanilla, cinnamon, coffee, and warmness. I could sit and smell inside the cafe all day. I take a big sniff in and breathe out of my mouth. I could use some coffee now to. "There he is, I'll go talk to him while he is in line. Do you want anything?" He sets down my stuff in the booth I sat down in.

      "Yeah, can I get a caramel macchiato latte please. More creamer than coffee, no sugar." I smiled with me eyes closed and heard him walk away. I took out my phone and shut it down. I didn't need them to worry about me. I'm fine and healthy, plus I don't need them trying to guilt tripping me into coming back. That place was making me stressed as it is. I saw Jake coming back with a tray of three coffees and three chocolate chip cookies. He must have noticed me staring at him because when he sat down his cheeks immediately began to go pink.

      "Hope you're not allergic!" He says handing me a cookie with my coffee. I shake my head and take the cookie dipping it into my coffee and eating it. When there was a tiny bite of it left I set it in the seat next to me and gave it to Princess. Yes of course I made sure there were no chocolate chips in the bite for her. Jake's' friend came over and sat next to Jake in the booth. Him and Jake looked very similar. They had the same color eyes, same color hair, but his har was longer. His friend did have loner hair. It would probably look really good in a man bun. I smiled and waved shyly.

"So, I'm guessing your Naomi. He wouldn't shut up in line about how beautiful you were or how pretty you looked, or how he thought the way you laughed was cute." I'm guessing his friend was telling the truth because Jake was looking out the window his cheeks as red as a freshly ripe tomato. He was also trying to cover up his cheeky grin by taking a few sips of his coffee. I look down at the table studying the smooth dark brown patterns in the light brown wood. "I'm Liam Short by the way, but just so you know he was right. You are truly beautiful." He smiles. I finish my coffee and get up throwing it away. When I turn around to go back to the table I found Jake holding my bag, and Liam with car keys in his hand. I already had Princess so that was a good thing. They walked towards me.

"Are you ready to go?" Jake asked me while looking me deep in the eyes. Liam was already out the door starting the car. Me and Jake were going outside. I sat in the back so those two could spend some friend time together. Only then I realized Jake got in on the other side. I smiled and leaned my head against the window and I fell asleep, I'm hoping to catch a little cat nap. This trip has been really exhausting. I never though traveling could be so tiring.