Chapter 13: Farmland

*Jeff's P.O.V."
    S...She's gone? What do you mean she's gone. She can't be gone. She just can't be, she wouldn't leave her brother, or me. She couldn't leave anyway Slenderman would be pissed. Once someone was made a proxy they aren't supposed leave unless it was at night to kill someone. That was still not a good reason to stay. Anyway why would she leave. She knew we all cared about her. I walked into her room and saw things moved around Ben looking all around for Naomi. I took out my phone and scrolled through my contacts. Once I reached her contact I pressed on the call button. I lifted my phone to my ear. After a few seconds it went straight to voicemail. Her phone must be off. I guess I'll just send her texts until she turns her phone on again. I can't stand not talking to one of the only people I show my feelings to anymore. I press the text button and send her a text -Hey where are you?? Are you okay?? Please answer me. You one of the one of the only people I care about, I need you and need to make sure you're okay.- I send the message and slide my phone into my back pocket. I sigh and grab Ben dragging him into the hallway and closing her door.

"You need to go find her and apologise." I said and turned him around so he was facing the stairs. I was holding his shoulders. As soon as I let go of his shoulders he runs down the stairs and out the front door. When I look around to make sure no one is around I go back into her room and I slide down against the back of her door, tears in the rims of my eyes. I can't stand not being with her when she is upset. I just can't. Am I really about to cry right now. I guess I am just so in love with her that she makes my emotions work again. I can't lose someone who is able to do that to me.

*Naomi's P.O.V.*
    I began slowing my running down. I was getting out of breath. I put Princess on the ground and let her walk on her own. I was now at a steady walk. I was walking towards the opposite side of the woods from my mom's house. I find a road and follow it towards the town. I walked down the road until it was near dark. There was a huge farm on both sides of the road. I saw a main house and walked up to it. You knock on the door and wait on the porch to see if you can stay there for the night. A small woman comes out from the door.

"Hello, how can I help you?" She says with a smile on her face. I could see there was a small sign by the door saying -Trial and error B&B-

"You have a B&B?" I ask looking towards the sign.

"Yeah, but I'm afraid it's not open to the public, it's just to see if I could run one by myself." She looked up at me to look into my eyes.

"Ma'am can my cat and I please stay here just for the night. We have had a long day of walking. We will leave first thing in the morning!!" I say eagerly. Please say yes...please say yes.

"Alright fine. Stay in whatever tent you like and I'll bring you some dinner soon, and if you are still here in the morning I'll bring you coffee and some breakfast."

"Thank you so much ma'am we won't be a bother." She leads me through a fence to the backyard. After she walks into the house. I walk up to the first tent I see. I walk in and zip it up. I set Princess down on one of the cots and I sit on the other getting out her water and food dishes. Then I hear a noise outside. I tie her leash to one of the poles on my cot. I unzip the tent to find the woman walking outside.

"It's not much but it's food." She walks up handing me a tray. It has a pot of Mac & Cheese along with a couple bottles of soda and water. Under one of her arms was a plastic bag with some kitten food in it.

"Thank you so so much, you have no idea how much this means to me." I set the tray down on the bed and take the bag of food and water from her putting it into her food dishes. She smiles at me and walks back into the house. Princess rushes to the food and water eating and drinking. Once I'm settled I take the pot of food she gave me slowly taking bites out of it. Once I'm done I take a few drinks of the soda she gave me. I laid down setting the dishes in a far corner so Princess couldn't get to them. I covered up with the blanket provided. I lay there filtering all the events from the past week. Everything has changed. I don't think I'll ever be able to be my normal self ever again. I'm going to have to rediscover who I am. I'm going to have to change my personality to form my new life. These are going to be some big changes. Who even knows what kind of changes I am going to have to make while I'm away, however long I'm away, and what kind of changes I would have to make once or even if I decide to return. I lay awake straight into the middle of the night with these thoughts until I was finally able to fall asleep.