Chapter 19: Searching

*Jeff's P.O.V.*
After everyone finished gathering all their different items we finally put our groups together. We need to hurry up and start. We now have less than 24 hours before Slendy and Chris will be home. EJ, Toby, and Sally decided to join my search party. I think most of them had the same idea I did for why I chose to go further away from home. Ben, Masky, Hoodie, and Rake Decided to stay close to home. The last search party was Grinny and Smile dog. They were the perfect candidates to search around town. They could hear and smell things most people wouldn't. Plus it would help to keep out location and existence hidden. Since were searching at night it wouldn't be suspicious if stray animals were walking around at this time of night anyway.

"Alright everyone. Let's get this show on the road. Everyone is to check in once an hour, on the hour. We're not losing anyone else tonight. Cut off time is in 23 hours. That means you will be back here before Master gets back. Everyone copy?" I say with a slightly raised voice. After getting a thumbs up from everyone we split into our groups, grab out packs, and start walking to our destinations. After a few hours of just walking and checking in with everyone we finally stumble to the beginning of some farmland. In this direction we could still have a few miles before we stumble across anything. The group decided that we would make one stop in each direction, and if there is no sign that Naomi is there, or was there, then we will start searching in another direction. The only thing is that there is a time limit on this search. If we don't find her in the first few directions, then we might not find her in time. Let's just hope we don't take the wrong direction.
      About another hour passed before we stumble upon this tent filled farm field. There was a big building in the front with a back yard filled with tents. The whole yard was surrounded by a fence with a big black gate in the front. Off to the side of the house were a few different barns. On the other side was a big garden filled with fruits, vegetables, and herbs. There was a sign on the front of the door. -Trial and Error B&B-

"Hey guys. That looks to be a bed and breakfast. Maybe Naomi is staying there. Let's go check it out." I shout to the guys behind me. I start running towards the house when it starts to get dark and cloudy. -BUH BOOM- Thunder...1...2...3...4...-FLASH-

"Guys...I think we bette4r hurry.." I yell as we all start running for the house. We get to the driveway when a woman comes out running towards the barns. We all run under the protection of the canopy on her porch. She runs to the barn shutting the windows and doors. Bringing buckets of pellets of food into the barns, stacks of hay, and bringing everything from outside into the inside of a large storage shed. Now that may seem like it would take a while, but in reality it didn't really take that long. The woman was now on her way back to the house. When she notices us she greets us with a warm smile.

"Well hello. How can I help you fellows?" She says as she waves us inside. "Would you care for some coffee or tea?"

"No thank you ma'am. Actually we are looking for someone. We saw your sign out front. We're wondering if you might've seen our friend. She's a girl, about 5'1, black hair, with a kitten?" Toby states taking the reign of the purpose of this visit.

She turns around, biting her lip in what looks like a confusing matter. "Ahh yes. She has quite the personality. She stayed here the other night. She seemed nice, but disappeared before check-out. No tip, no nothing. I think she just left in the middle of the night. Didn't tell me anything about where she was going though." She turns back around looking out her kitchen window.

      "Alright, well thank you so much ma'am. It tells us we are at least going in the right direction. I think we'll all be on our way now." I verbalize. I stand up going towards the door. Waving the guys to follow I walk out the door waiting for them o the porch. Even with the weather we can afford to slow down at this rate. Almost half of our time is up already.