Chapter 14: Change

*Naomi's P.O.V.*
      I wake up and I check my phone. It was only about 8:30 in the morning. Too early for me. I don't like getting up early. Especially with nights like last night. I better get the show on the road though. I have a lot more walking to do today. I open the tent slightly,dump out the water in Princess's water dish, and then I grab the plastic bag that the cat food was in. I poured the extra cat food from her bowl back into the bag zipping it up tight and putting it into my bag. I took out my brush and took my hair out of it's high ponytail to brush the tangles out of my hair. I brushed my hair back putting it into a loose messy bun. After that I got out my mascara and a tiny mirror to be able to see to put it on. I put them back into my bag and grabbed a change of clothes. I grabbed a black tank top with some jeans with rips on the thighs, knees, and calves. I put my other clothes into my bag slidding my phone into my back pocket. I untied Princess from the bed I was sleeping on and opened the tent.
      I slid my bags on my back and stepped out of the tent. Once I was out I looked back making sure I had everything. The sun was just rising and the birds were chirping. I was walking at a fast pace. I went to the gate she let me in through. I opened it and walked through it making sure Princess was through it before I closed it. Once I closed it I walked to the driveway and turned to continue my walking. I was walking up the street Princess just a few inches in front of me. After walking for about an hour or two we finally got into one of the big parts of town. I picked up Princess and began to head towards a cafe. I walked inside and sat at one of the bar stools they had. I slid Princess into my biggest bag so no one could see her. I ordered a to-go hot chocolate with marshmallows and one ice-cube. While I was waiting I took my actual phone out of my duffel bag and turned it on. I had 3 missed calls from Jeff and about 10 text messages from him. He cared.....he actually cared. But I couldn't answer him. I just couldn't. I had to be alone for a while. I couldn't go back without figuring out what these feelings were and how to control them. I put it into my other back pocket when I saw the kind lady coming with my hot coco. I grabbed it and payed her with a $5 bill even though the hot coco was only $2.56 I told her to keep the rest of it as a tip. I walked outside and was walking anywhere now. I hadn't thought of a plan if I got this far. I didn't know what I was going to do. I walked to a park where there were quite a few teenagers. I sat on one of the benches a little way away from all of them. I began to think. Where would I go? How would I get there? How long would I stay away? I must have been dazed when thinking because the next thing I knew there was a teenage boy in front of me. He was thin with short dark brown hair. It was a little longer in the front and it was wiffed over to the left. He had green eyes and was about a foot taller than me.

      "Hello there love." He said with his eyes closed and a big smile. He sounded like he had been from the North side of town. I looked up at him and smiled slightly.

      "Hello." I said with a little happiness. But showing no other emotion.

      "Why are you carrying around all those bags for?" He asked opening his eyes sitting down next to me while looking at the bags.

      "Oh, I've just moved out and I haven't found a place to stay yet." My hopes of telling him this is that he will feel sorry for me and let me stay with him. As a killer living in town now I need to be able to have someone to use as a cover up if things go wrong. It has to be someone who is all nice too often. Someone who I won't kill, but could eventually be used as a scapegoat. I know it seems horrible, but it's the only plan that will work for now. As a killer I have to learn to be manipulative when I have to be. Otherwise I won't survive. Even though I am staying away from Slendy and the family, I can't have anyone trace kills to me because anything can be traced back to all of them. Putting all of them in danger.

      "Well I can't let you stay out in the cold, but I don't have any room at my house. Let me call my friend and see if you can stay at his place." He smiled and stood up walking away. I smiled. At least someone cares how I feel and if I've been taken care of or not. If they do help I will try my best to keep them out of my killing zones. I know I am a killer now, but I also have to protect myself. Which means not putting them at risk if I can help it. It is going to be hard, but I believe I can do it. I have to. To survive.