Chapter 9: Morning After

*Naomi's P.O.V.*
    When I woke up I had saw that Jeff was actually asleep and that I was laying next to him, we were both on our sides. I pressed against his back with my arm over him and his arm on mine. I slowly and quietly took my arm away and stood up. Right as I got up he woke up and laid on his back. I yawned and rubbed my eyes.

"Oh, good morning." I said acting like nothing happened. I know we were dating and all but I was nervous about telling him and then him asking about what happened so I just left it alone.
I walked into the bathroom and closed the door. I had already put some clothes in there the night before so I didn't forget to grab some again like I did last time. I tuned the water on in the shower and messed with the knobs until I had the perfect temperature. I stepped into the shower and began to get my hair wet so I could wash it. Once I got out Jeff was sitting on the bed dressed in clean clothes. I sat at the table in the room. I was still tired and my side was starting to hurt from where I had the scar from being shot. I lifted up my shirt a tiny bit and looked at the scar. I guess Jeff saw I was looking because the next thing I knew he came up and pulled my shirt down and placing his hand on top of where the scar was. I looked at him and I hadn't realized it for a few seconds but his eyes were starting to water, at least I think they were watering. I stood up and walked over to a window looking out of it. It had reminded me of the day I tried to go see Cris but fell and had to go to the hospital instead. I smiled remembering that was the day we confessed our love to each other. Although I said it first. Looking down I turned around and walk to Jeff shoving my face in his chest giving him a hug. He wrapped one arm around my head and the other around my upper back. I sighed and hadn't realized that I wrapped my arms around his back. I smiled and squeezed him not wanting to let him go. Then of course Ben just walked right in without knocking and started laughing. I kept my face in Jeff's chest blushing.

"Oh shush it blondie." Jeff said turning his head around looking at Ben. I looked up a bit and looked at Ben. He looked taken aback and I started giggling. I let go of Jeff running and giving my brother a hug. Just then I got a flashback of when we were little, the day we were being taken apart.
-We were both crying, my dad taking him away from me and my mother. My father dragging him out the door to the car. The car going off into the distance. They were never to be heard from again.-
I back away looking him in his bloody eyes starting to cry. I then wipe my eyes and had realized that he truly had been my brother and I'm beginning to come to my senses.