Chapter 5: The Question

*Jeff's P.O.V.*

I was just sitting there on the couch when the doorbell had went off. It was my dreadful girlfriend, Jane.

      "Hey baby girl!" I said to her. She started blushing a bright pink.

      "Hey babe!" She said. I smiled, leaned in and gave her a kiss on the cheek. I moved aside from the door so she would be able to come in. Once she was in I shut the door and went over to the couch. I leaned back on the couch as she sat on my lap facing me. She leaned down on to my chest. She started kissing me, and of course me being her boyfriend and all I began kissing her back. I guess you could say me and her always had a make out session. Even as much as I liked Jane, being in a relationship with her just didn't seem right. We continued to kiss for about 5 minutes. Then I heard a THUD come from outside. I looked out the big sliding glass door. Naomi had jumped from her window. I pushed Jane off of me, hurrying up and running to Naomi's side.

      "Jack, call an ambulance. Naomi you will be alright." I said then grabbed her hand starting to cry without even knowing why. Then I saw her eyes shut and her heart slow down, she must have passed out.

      "Why are you holding her hand and crying?" Jane came out of the house yelling at me. I didn't realize it before now, but I must have cared deeply for Naomi. So I said it right to Jane's face.

      "Because she fell from her window. I don't want her to die because I think I like her." Jane came up and slapped me across the face. Then she kicked Naomi in the stomach, which was going to leave a bruise. When the ambulance came, everyone including Naomi changed into our human selves. Me and Ben got to ride in the ambulance with her. I never let go of her hand. Just before we got into the hospital I kissed her forehead. My lips had felt tingly after that. I hope she wakes up and feels better soon, so I can ask her how she feels about me.

*Naomi's P.O.V."

I woke up in a white room. I looked over to my right and saw Ben slumped over in a chair sleeping. His eyes were red and puffy. He must have been crying. I saw a remote on my stomach. It was hurting my stomach, but a remote doesn't weigh that much, so I wonder why it hurts. It had a note taped to it. It said "Click on the nurses button as soon as you wake up." So that's exactly what I did. A nurse came in and she had given me some medicine. She also said I could probably be released in a day or two. I just needed to stay for observation. I turned the t.v. on, but Spongebob was the only good thing on. The nurse brought me some food. After eating Ben woke up. When he saw me awake he came up to me and gave me a big hug. I told him everything that the nurse had told me.

      "Everyone want's to talk to you separately." He said then left. Slendy came in first. He explained how I should be more careful around open windows and blah, blah, blah. Next, came the person I wanted to see most, Cris.

      "Hey, what happened?" She had asked me with concern in her eyes.

      "I needed to talk to you but I didn't realize how far the ground was from my room till it was too late." I explained.

      "Oh, what did you need to talk about?" She wondered.

      "I like Jeff, but he is with that other girl." I said and looked down at my hands.

      "Oh yeah, Jane. I read his mind earlier out in the lobby, don't worry he likes you to, you guys just need to tell each other your feelings. Just wait here I'll get him to come in." Well I guess it's now or never. Plus it's not like I can go anywhere. I don't know why I'm so scared to tell him how I feel. Just then I heard the door open and close. It was Jeff. He was here.

      "Christiana said you wanted to talk to me?" He asked.

      "Um, yeah I do. I wanted to tell you something." I said getting more nervous by the minute.

      "Me too, but you can go first." He said.

      "Can I have a piece of paper and something to write with?" I asked. A minute later he gave me them and this is what I wrote to him.

      -I know this may not seem true, but it is and I like you. I was and still am afraid to tell you. So all I want to do is yell.-

      I handed him the piece of paper and stared at him while he read it. When he was finished he smiled really big. He came up to me and gave me a big hug with a slight squeeze. I had managed to wrap my arms back around him to hug him back. In the hug tingles went throughout my whole body.

      "Naomi?" He said, but it sounding more like a question.

      "Yeah, Jeff?" I asked him wondering what he wanted.

"Um... I don't know how to say this, but um... Would you be my girlfriend?" He asked me while looking me straight in the eyes.

      "Oh, Jeff, I would be honored." I said and blushed. He sighed in relief. I started to fall back asleep. Jeff kissed my cheek.

      "Sweet dream." He said then walked out the door quietly. With that I fell asleep.