Chapter 8: attempt

Katarina:

My eyes grew big at what I heard.

"why princess you're in a wrong room!"

The king quickly turned his back at me and signaled the guards.

"Guards!" they quickly held both of my arms and held them tightly when I resisted.

We arrived upstairs with more lavish pathway. There were chandeliers hanging, golden busts, nude statues made of ivory and portraits of his family. We stopped at a double door with sophisticated designs made of gold and bronze. They opened it and the king entered first and put his kingly robe at a sofa near his huge four-post bed strewn with satin and silk materials. I surveyed the room and found it to be a room worthy for a king.

"leave us." He commanded and I was left alone with him.

He poured wine in his glass and began drinking, he stood there looking at the flames but his eyes were vacant. His features were illuminated by flames in the fireplace making him look darkly handsome.

"lay in the bed." He ordered me.

I didn't move and looked at him with so much contempt.

"No." I managed to say.

"are you going to defy me?" He shifted his gaze to me.

"yes." I raised my neck a little to emphasize my dignity.

He let out a dark chuckle, "you know there will be a punishment, princess."

He slowly walked towards me. I took a step backward and assessed the room with my eyes to see if there's a way to escape.

"You're an ignorant to believe that you can escape this place."

If only I could found something! As I looked at the farthest wall hanging from it was a sword with a scabbard, I took the chance to spring and grabbed it before he can react. I pointed the sharp blade directly at him.

"You think I'm just going to obey you? I will never acknowledge you as my king!" I shouted.

"Oh yes you will!" he grabbed his walking stick which is also a sword; we both pointed our swords

against each other and waited for the one who will make the move first.

"go on! Summon your guards here. I can fight all of you until my last breath."

He laughed like I'm just a child talking nonsense.

"I think I'm more than enough to handle you kitten." He bragged and a smile curved his lips.

I didn't wait for him to talk and lunged at him but he quickly nudged me and I was hurled at the bed. My sword flew across the room and was not able to fetch it for he quickly pointed his sword at my neck. I flinched at the coldness of the blade. It seems my strength were all drained up that I can't stand a single sword fight. He pushed it further to my neck and I soon felt a little trickle of blood from my neck to the pillow.

"I am now your king and you cannot change that." I looked at his face which showed an angry look and his eyes became darker.

"Now it's time to pleasure the king."

He moved his eyes from my face to my neck. Then he followed the sword with his eyes as he moved it downward were my upper chest was exposed. My chest heaved at the moment the blade touched my skin. He slowly traced the middle and stopped where the dress covered my breast. My heartbeat fastens and a sweat dropped from my head. He slowly cut it downwards but then a sudden cry stopped the king from what he is about to do. We heard a knock and guards were assembled outside the door.

"Enter!" the king shouted and in an instance guards were in line.

"My lord, one of the prisoners escape." A guard reported.

"Then what are you doing here disturbing me?" he shot them a cold look.

"t-the others were already on the search." Another guard spoke.

Then the guard in charge arrived and bowed.

"My king, the prisoner was identified to be a rebel and it seems he was able to steal some blueprints of the castle."

"What! You fools, how did he managed to escape?!" The king exploded and removed his sword from me and stormed outside.

Two of the soldier brought me again to the dungeon but the dungeon was in a commotion suddenly Pierre called the guards and made them to release me.

"You are to report to Madame Marion and begin your task. His majesty personally told me to release you from the dungeon before he left."

I bowed at Pierre and went to Madame Marion and earned some scolding from her for being disrespectful to the king. I was surprised that he did not send me to the dungeon again.

I wonder why.

*sorry for the late update. haha. sorry for the interruption ;) (winks)