Chapter 25: An impending war

Katarina

I hazily opened my eyes and realized I was not on my room. I remembered after we talk and kissed last night, I was ushered by the maids into a large room, half the size of the king's room. I noticed the silk robe neatly spread on a chair. They said it is the room of the bride. I was so intrigued that Lucas would heed to my condition. I am starting to question my insanity now, did I really accept his marriage proposal last night to bring peace to the land? What if he didn't stay true to his words? Oh Katarina you are such a fool! Argg! Just because of the way he looked at you in the eyes doesn't mean he loves you! The door suddenly opened and Lucas came over to me with that usual royal smugness.

"did you dream of me last night?" he quickly spread his huge frame across the bed.

"no. I did not!" this man is so cheeky. I blushed.

He watched my reddened face and smirked.

"your face looks like a tomato." He then chuckled.

Wait, did I just witnessed this grumpy person laughing?

"I said I didn't. I think it's you who dreamed of me last night!" I half shouted.

He stilled for a moment and then looked at me with his darkened orbs.
"I did." He said softly.

Oh my. I think I can't breathe. I started to get up from the bed but he grabbed my arms softly letting me fall on top of him. He gave a light squeeze in my backside and my body started to quiver.

"Stay still" he commanded gently.
His hands slide below and I gasped as he squeezed them both.

"what are you doing?!"

"I dreamed of you kissing me." He said in his sensual voice and began to nibble my lower lip.

He then slowly put his hand on my thighs and began tracing circles with his thumb. I could feel my body melting.

He put his other hand and gently pulled my hair coaxing my mouth to open. Our tongues danced around and I realized that I was now under him. He quickly closed the gap between our bodies and my eyes grew big when I felt something below my stomach and I realized it was not his hands.

"I dreamed of peeling your chemise."

He whispered in my ear then he bit it.

"and I dreamed of-"

"Is Lucas here?!" Duchess Eleanor suddenly opened the door with few maids on her trail, they suddenly came to halt and looked away after they saw us in the bed.

"What in the heavens are you-" Lucas growled and covered my exposed thighs as Duke Johan and Pierre arrived.

The Duchess forming an "O" in her mouth began retreating and smiled.

"I'm going to be a mother!" she exclaimed.

"that's w-wonderful!" he said covering his lower part with a pillow.

"Congratulations to both of you!" I flashed a huge smile at them.

Then a very awkward silence followed.

"I-I guess we're going to leave the both of you. Honey, come let us announce it to father and mother."

Duke Johan dragged his wife outside and in seconds all of them left.

"I am going to be an uncle." He said.
And we looked each other laughing at our own embarrassment.

...

I descended at a huge hall to have a very short dance lesson with Duke Johan and Duchess Eleanor.

"Starting today, you will call us Johan and Eleanor. After all, we are a family already."