Chapter 17: On my knees

Katarina:

The rest of the evening was quiet when suddenly a maid came by with a shocking news.

"Madame Marion's son was captured by the guards sneaking to the dungeon and giving food to one of the prisoner-"

I didn't wait for her to finish her sentence and ran as fast as I could to the throne room where culprits are usually trialed. I was on my night gown but I didn't care less. I arrived at the room where guards would not let me enter but when the duchess saw me, she told the guards to let me in. The king was in his royal chair while the duchess and the duke were only standing. Then I saw him restricted by two guards, Madame Marion was on distress, pleading for the king's mercy.

"the boy confessed that he was sneaking around for almost two days." Roan spoke.

"and who's this prisoner he graciously give the food?" the king was absolutely bored.

"it's that rebel leader, king Gaspard." The king and I both reacted as soon we heard my father's name.

"and why would you give him food boy? Do you know him? Are you part of the rebellion?" the king questioned.

"No, my king. He's not a rebel." Madame Marion spoke with a high trill in her voice.

"speak!" the king shouted at him.

"I'm not part of the rebellion my king, I only serve you. I don't even know him well but.." he was anxious.

"but what?" the king raised his eyebrows.

"but he was dear to someone I know. I couldn't just see her being sad all the time so I did this." He looked at the king with truth in his eyes.

Tears quickly formed at the rim of my eyes. I couldn't believe he did that for me. It seems the king understood it well that he was talking about me.

"put him in the dungeons that he may suffer just like that prisoner. There you can surely help him." The king announced.

"no! " I quickly ran towards the king and pleaded.

"please don't put him in the dungeons. He doesn't deserve it. He just want to help. Please." I grew frantic as the guards chained him.

"you asked for my help, how about acknowledging me first as your king." the king leaned forward.

"on your knees!"

I promised never to bow to him! I promised! But my knees began to act on its own and there I was on my knees. I bowed and said through my gritted teeth.

"my king."

"my king, Erik doesn't know what he's doing. Our family have served your family for many generations. Please forgive him." Madame Marion also bowed.

"your names Erik?" I can't helped but smile at the revelation.

"surprise." Erik gave me his most ardent smile.

"sorry to interrupt but you'll be heading to the dungeons. Guards!" the king darkly spoke and they dragged Erik outside the doors but Erik's smile was still plastered on his face.

"it's your fault, you stupid girl!" Madame Marion suddenly attacked me but the guards were able to keep her away from me.

"Calm down Marion, I'm not going to kill your son." The king became bored again and dismissed us all. All of them left except the king and me.

"not yet" I heard him said.

"how could you be so cruel?" I gave him a disgusted look.

"you call me cruel? Should I give him some party and praise him about what he had done? I should have tortured him at this instant!" the king shouted at me.

"he only did that because of me." I only stared at the floor.

"and I don't care at all." He responded and walked away leaving me with so much hate.

Lucas:

That girl!

I burst open the door and drank wine directly from the bottle.

She really makes my blood boil!

Did she think I'm going to free that stupid boy? Hah!

The two of them makes me sick!

"Pierre!"

Pierre came as fast as he could. "you called my lord."

"give me another bottle."

"right away my lord." And he left.

I looked at the empty bottle and smashed it on the wall.

*hmm. someone's not happy... probably to the brink of jealousy.

thanks for reading guys!

Share

vote

comment

-Fretzene