Chapter 13: The training begins

I was led to a beautiful room, I believe it was theirs. The duke and the duchess gave me a warm tea fetched by a maid. I refused to sit at the couch but they insisted.

"Here, it will calm your nerves." She gave me a little tap at the back.

"I'm really sorry about what happened." The duke gave me his handkerchief but I refused politely. I couldn't dirty that expensive cloth!

"here, let me wipe your tears." The lady took the handkerchief and began wiping my face and put it in my hands.

"Don't worry about him, I'll make sure he cannot touch you again." She clasped both of my hands.

"thank you, my lady." I forced a smile.

"My name's Eleanor, and this is my husband Johan."

The duchess was very beautiful with her dark long hair and her flawless skin. She was the female version of the king especially her blue eyes but more lighter and calmer than his. The duke was also handsome with his dark wavy hair. He was a debonair especially with his dimples on his right cheek.

I was then escorted by Pierre to my room.

"Don't worry child, no one knows about what happened except the duke, the duchess, and me. You can rest now."

"thank you sir." I bowed and entered the room.

The next day, I was serving the family at the breakfast table. There was no way I could escape my work . The duke and the duchess complimented the food while the king only drank his coffee.

"brother, you should also eat." She passed him an apple pie.

"thank you my dear sister, but I'll appreciate it more if you focused on your helpless husband and leave me be." He said with a teasing tone.

"did you just said that I'm helpless?" the duke frowned.

"you have heard me correctly, brother. I was just curious why you didn't support me with the recent war."

"now we are going back to that topic." The duchess put her palms at the table.

"that war was irrelevant. It could be agreed with peaceful talks."

"hah! You and your peaceful talks, I'm quite sure you are just a coward." The king gave an insulting look.

"I'm not a coward, Lucas." The duke was getting annoyed.

"oh really? You can't even win our sword match last time. You gave up when you felt you are losing." The king sneered.

"I certainly can defeat you in a match."

"then prove it. Let us have a match once again." The king smirked.

"oh I will." the duke agreed.

"what about your lungs?" the duchess was worried.

"I think I can do it my dear." He kissed his wife at her cheek.

"give me a week to practice, it was such a long time since I held a sword." He faced the king.

"of course. I'll be waiting. Now if you could excuse me, I shall leave now." The king stood up and intentionally bumped me with his shoulder.

That arrogant king!

"Pierre? I should find someone to teach me some moves, my skills were already rusty. Who was the king's recent match?" the duke asked Pierre.

"Well, my lord it was Katarina." And Pierre pointed at me which made their jaws dropped.

"then shall we begin?" the duke smiled in disbelief.

*shall we begin too? :)

share

vote

comment

-Fretzene