Chapter 12: The guests

Lucas:

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I spat at Nathan, my cousin who watched me writing some state papers.

"Oh nothing in particular, I'm just amazed at you rescheduling the execution." He smirked as he poured some wine.

"The king I knew does not usually do this." He added.

"they'll be hanged I can assure you, I was not on the mood." I resumed my writing.

"Oh? A little bird told me that it's because of a certain girl." He gave me a teasing look.

"If you have no further important to say, you may leave. I'm busy." I dismissed him without looking.

"Fine. I shall head back to my quarters, my lord." He gave me a mocking bow and opened the door.

"I'm sure you are very busy tonight." He chuckled and left.

Katarina:

It was already late at night but I was still scrubbing the floor when the king appeared with a beautiful woman. The woman was really drunk, she keep twirling her black curly hair as she clung like a monkey to the king who is quite tipsy.

"Open the door." He motioned me to open his room. I quickly got up and opened the door. I also help the woman on her feet. We put her to the bed but she grabbed the king's arm and kissed him on the lips, he quickly slapped her. She fell to the bed with a shock on her face. I was also stunned by his action.

"I'm sorry my king, I forgot." She put her hands to her face and tears formed at the corner of her eyes.

"you perfectly know the rules!" he pointed his fingers at her.

"I know my king, I'm really sorry." She said.

"leave now. I don't want to see you again." The king commanded her.

"b-but-"

"I said leave!" The king roared.

The woman immediately ran outside the door leaving me and the king. I stared at him with hate.

How could he hurt the woman? What did she do?

"What?" he eyed me.

"nothing." I turned but as I opened the door he was right after me and slammed the door with his right palm. My body trembled as I was blocked by his two arms.

"you don't walk away at me like that." He gave me an icy look.

"let me go. You're drunk." I said but my voice quivered as our faces neared.

"I'll teach you how to respect me!" he grabbed me by the collar and flung me to the edge of the bed. I was pinned down by his body while he gripped both of my wrists with his strong hands. I tried to escape from his hold but he was strong.

"get off me!" I screamed and did my best to wriggle away from him.

"there's no point on struggling, you're weak as it is." He said and began to slobber me with kisses in my neck.

"Help! Someone! I beg of you, help!" I cried until my voice croaked.

"be quiet!" He pressed his body closer to me.

Suddenly the door burst opened and I saw a lady and a gentleman in travelling clothes. They wore a shocked expression and then Pierre emerged at the back. The king stopped at what he is doing but retained his hands at my wrist with him on top of me.

"please help me." I pleaded.

"Oh my! Lucas, what on earth are you doing?" The lady ran towards us and hit his shoulders with her fan as if to hurt him.

"What are you doing here? Leave my room instantly!" Lucas gripped her wrists.

"not until you release that poor girl!" She tried to free from his grasp.

"She's mine! You don't have to interfere!" He pushed her a little.

"You have no right to push my wife." The gentleman caught his wife.

"Oh? Now look who is talking. It's nice to see you again." The king got up from his position and wore a smirk.

The lady immediately rushed to my side and helped me get up. I mumbled a 'thank you' and rushed to the king and slapped his right cheek. That's what you get bastard! He looked at me with deathly glare but I don't care at all. The lady, the gentleman, and Pierre looked astonished.

"Do you want me to kill you, wench?!" He clenched his fist so hard.

"I rather die than you slobbering all over me, you slimy beast!" I spat at him.

The king was about to hit me when he was stopped by the lady.

"Stop it now brother! I demand you to stop!"

The lady in front of me is his sister!

*So let me know guys if you want an older sister or a younger sister? but i opt to create an older sister :)

share

vote

comment

-Fretzene