Chapter 10: Caught

Lucas:

Me and my men were heading north trying to find that prisoner. Hah! He's a fool if he believe he can outwit us. One of my men that I dispatched was breathing hard.

"My king, I know where he is heading." He caught his breath.

"good."

Roan, my guard in charge stepped forwards and said.

"We must find him and catch him immediately."

"no." I stood up from where I was sitting. All of my men gathered around.

"there is a purpose why he stole the blueprints, for sure it is for their rebellion. I'd say we follow him and catch all those vermin!

"that's a good plan my king. You heard his majesty, now go!" Roan leaded us.

We were camped near the mountain trail when our scouts reported that in a nearby woods, there will be a meeting held by the rebels. I quickly ordered my men to find their individual station and get ready to surround those who oppose me. I grinned at the idea that I personally shall capture those rebels.

It was already dusk when we caught sight of people gathering around the location, they were about thirty which I estimate to be too small to crush. I and my hundred men were hidden by the bushes and boulders. Soon the prisoner arrived smiling incessant as if he won in a state fair. An elderly man stepped out and I assumed he is there leader. He and his council spread the blueprint and began studying it. I motioned roan to signal the attack. Roan moved his fingers and in an instant my men circled the rebels with swords and others in bow and arrows while others in spears and shield. The rebels were taken aback by our takeover. I clapped my hands and emerged from the line to the middle.

"Very good gentlemen, we have just caught these vermin."

My men laughed at them. I approached their leader and wore a smug look.

"do you think you can overthrow me?" he didn't speak but looked in my eyes. His eyes were the color of the forest and its intensity reminds me of someone.

Roan immediately grabbed the blueprints he is holding in his hands.

"I do not take these kinds of act lightly. I personally make sure that it will cease to exist." I shot him my coldest stare.

"What's your name?" I asked.

He didn't speak and looked right in my eyes.

"it seems we have made him speechless!" I called out to others which garnered many laughs and snickers.

"go ahead. I don't really need your name. I just need your lifeless body tomorrow morning."

I turned and ordered my men to chain all of the rebels as we head back to the castle.

A smile crept my face as I remember who awaits my return.

*Who awaits for his return? still a short chapter :)