Chapter 24: Ships arrived

“Marry me.”

My eyes widened in an instant and pushed him. He then gave a serious expression.

“why’d you pushed me?” he let a low growl.

“because you just want to make fun of me!” I avoided his look. Why would he always make fun of me. Torturing my existence with sweetness and roughness of his words and actions.

“Believe what you want. You will marry me tomorrow at sunset.”

“You may  have lost your mind, I will not marry you.” I half shouted the words.
He gripped my arms and I wriggled to free myself but to no avail.

“Stop, you are hurting me!” He half dragged me to the large mirror, and gripped my chin forcing me to look at our reflection. He slowly inhaled my hair and I quivered as he placed his other arm across my figure. I felt his breath near to my ear and closed my eyes in fear of what’s next, he then kissed my exposed neck.

“If you defy me then say good bye to everyone who’s dear to you.” He huskily whispered  and released me. My eyes were still shut when I heard the door closed.

Lucas

I’ve never felt this intense desire to any woman before. Concenrate Lucas or that woman will be your downfall. I never met a woman who can stood on her ground and mesmerized me with such intense stare. Am I bewitched? The plan will go according to what I’ve set it.

Katarina

I stood silently at my reflection. Tattered clothes, unkempt hair, and a gaunt figure. Why would the king even proposed marriage to me?
There was knocking on the door and revealed Pauline with other maids.

“Pauline, what are you doing here?”

“By the order of  his majesty, we are going to measure you for your wedding dress.” The other maid replied.

“no. Pauline. The king is mad. He always has.” I kept on resisting them but they started to placed pins and ribbons to my form.

“I’m glad that you will marry first.” Pauline smiled.

“Pauline, I don’t want to marry him! I don’t want to marry that insane person!” I shouted earning a gasp from the maids.

“Watch your tongue. It is his majesty or my Lord to you.” The eldest maid said.

“hmm. What’s with the commotion?” a head emerged from the door.

“my Lord.” They all bowed  to Nathan, the king’s cousin.

“He gave us his dashing smile and  looked at me with amusement.

“such a lovely bride for my cousin. I hope you satisfy him in your wedding night.”
A blush crept into my face and began to stutter.

“I-I have not agreed on this my lord. Please help me.”

“It is a pity that the two of you met first, if we did met then I am sure things would be different.” Nathan approached me and held my hand.

“It is necessary to have this wedding for the good of many. I give you the best of luck,” he kissed the back of my palms and departed.

The whole castle was in a busy state. Gardeners were trimming the plants and putting the most exquisite flowers to the walls. The staffs cleaned every corners of the castle and festive draperies were hanged on the great hall. Pierre was still as calm as ever as he strode off to meet Madame Marion who kept shouting orders at the bakers.