1. a bitch and a party

LEILA

I am Leila Quinn. My best friend often describes me as a walking trouble, and I won’t deny that one because it’s the truth. Everything I touch turns into a disaster, everything I tell becomes scandalous rumors, all my friends are considered eye-candies by the whole campus, with me as their queen bee. My whole life has been a wild ride and it could get you dizzy in just the first day.

"Alright, so who can solve the following problem here on the board?"

I rolled my eyes at our math teacher standing in the front. He was playing with his shiny little lip ring, eyeing each one of his bored students. His hands were carefully tucked inside the pockets of his unusually tight black jeans that usually emphasize his long legs. I can't help but think that he looks like a human ruler- no, a tall post from here. He’s just so tall that his girlfriend will surely have to get a chair and stand on it just to be eye level with him. Ha, good luck to whoever she is.

I rolled my eyes at the other students doodling on their notebooks or passing notes with their friends, so I secretly took out my phone to check my twitter. I kept on scrolling down until I passed by a retweeted picture of a dick and I immediately exited the app, then to my horror someone shouted my name.

"MS. QUINN!"

"Oh my god!" I let go of my phone due to my surprise and it fell on the floor. I immediately picked it up with trembling hands and examined it. How great. It has a light scratch on the side now! My poor baby!

"What?!" I shouted without looking.

The voice tsked repeatedly and when I leaned back on my seat my eyes widened to see my hot- no, uh I meant hot-headed professor giving me a poker face.

"Answer the math question correctly or you'll have to tweet like a bird until my subject ends?" he asked, looking at my phone in my hand. The whole class laughed at me, even my friends. I turned beet red and stood up in anger, slowly marching towards the board. I looked at the problem and almost sighed in relief after analyzing it. I can answer it, but it will take me ages. I hate complicated problems.

"At least I won't tweet like a fucking idiot," I muttered under my breath, getting the marker and starting to solve what was on the board.

The others were solving like me while some were quietly talking since our teacher is observing me. I had this feeling that he was eyeing me from behind so I posed a little, in a way that it’s not obvious that I did it on purpose. I bit my lip to stifle my laugh.

Just when I was about to write the final answer he snatched the marker away and turned to the others. "Okay, so what did you get for the final answer?"

"182, sir!" the majority of them said.

I sighed as a sign of relief while confidently walking back to my seat since I got it right. Maybe I should listen to him more often because me getting it correctly is only a sheer luck. Phew. At least I’m safe for today.

"It’s good that most of you got it correct. The finals are next week so all of you should be listening to the last topics I will discuss since they are also included." he said, giving me a look. Ugh. I hate him. "And after that will be your much awaited summer vacation. Are you guys excited?"

"Hell yeah!"

"Sir Luke, we will miss your handsome face over the summer!"

"Can we get a goodbye kiss on the last day?"

I rolled my eyes upon hearing those silly comments so instead I focused on fixing my bag since the bell's about to ring.

"A kiss is a sacred gesture!" I heard him contradict, causing the girls to protest. Psh. What is he, a pastor in the modern era?