12. love and kisses

LEILA

"Your score is..." he trails off with a serious face. Okay, I'm not really expecting anything good out of this. I dug my own hole so I might as well jump myself.

"You know what? Don't even say it. I know I didn't make it by the look in your face." I grab my shoulder bag and turn to the exit, about to leave when he said-

"108."

"See? I didn't even pa- WHAT?!" I shrieked, eyes wide, turning back to him with my mouth agape. "108? One hundred and eight? One-oh-eight?!" I even draw the numbers in the air to emphasize it.

He runs his hand through his hair just playing with his shiny little lip ring. My eyes focused on him and my legs start to run, because I know I heard him right! I passed!

I won the bet!

"LUKE, LUKE, LUKE! OH MY GOSH!!!" I squeal, and laugh when he sees me about to jump on him. He looked horrified for a moment but it was too late to escape my tackle.

"Got ya!" I hugged him like a koala. We both fell on the hard ground but I was able to put my hand behind his head on time.

I looked at his beautiful, blue eyes and hugged him tight. "I'm so happy! Are you happy for me?! I can't believe it! I did it! I actually did it, Luke!"

"I-I'm happy, but you're too... heavy." he whispers and I realize I'm indeed weighing him down. I blush and slowly get off of him. "Oops, I'm sorry!" I giggled and did a peace sign.

He sits up and rubs his elbows, but is smiling as he do so. "Nah. It's fine. So, why did you study hard this time?" he chuckles.

I can't help but beam at him. "I wanted to make myself proud of something. And I wanted you to be proud and happy for me too. The school year's about to end and I don't want you to see me graduate with still a C in math on my report card." I confess and look at my shoes, noticing that my laces are loose. I shyly bend over to fix it.

"I'm proud of you." he states more seriously this time and I can't help but blush hard as I tie my laces. Good thing he couldn't see my face because my cheeks feel so hot.

The world really did turn around. I'm supposed to hate him a week ago but now all I want to do is impress him. And I succeeded. He's really complimenting me now for a job well done.

"Th-thanks, um. I'm really proud of myself too." I shyly twirl the hair behind my ear. Ugh. I can hear my heart ringing in my ears to the point that I feel deaf. "Uh, so, I- I guess I'm going to go now?"

He stands up and offers me a hand. I gladly took it with a smile. "Hmm, I'm also leaving, so kindly wait up for me."

"Great, o-okay." I cover my big smile with my blonde hair. This is the best day ever.

He strides to his desk to gather the folders piled up atop of it. He carefully puts it inside his backpack, which I assume is very organized inside since he's a very neat person, unlike me, who walks inside my room to dress up with everything in place but by the time I walk out, the place looks like a tornado just passed by and ruined everything. It's supposed to be the other way around, but I guess stereotypes don't work for us.

"Let's go." I blinked out of my thoughts and looked at him zipping up his bag, then swinging it over his shoulder. I quickly walk beside him and we go out of the room together.

"Geez, there you are!"

When we're near the exit I hear Kendall calling out to me, while waving at us. A grin automatically forms on my face. I'm so excited to tell her the good news so I ran to her and gave her a bear hug.