16. a bitch and a witch

Sorry for the late update. I had a very busy month and I died because of my all time low ft. the maine concert! #jalexissofuckingreal. And I'm going to see walk the moon live too, I'm starting to become a concert whore.

LUKE

In the end I couldn't do it the second time.

I realized that once I touched Leila again, it would show just how much I disrespect her as a girl. And I respect her a lot, so I should hold back a little and be the gentleman that I am. I'm the one in control of our relationship, and once I break her and her family's trust I just gained, she will be lost again. I don't want her to ruin her shot for her future so I'm going to be the responsible one in her place.

I push open the door to the faculty room, placing the cup of coffee I just bought from the cafeteria on my working table. I sit on my swivel chair and rub the sides of my arms. It's currently an hour before I go to my last class and I'm half-finished checking my students' outputs for the clearances. It's hard work and I'm thankful I'm about to finish it earlier than expected.

"Sir Hemmings?"

I look up and smile at my co-teacher. "Yes, ma'am? What can I help you with?"

She twirls a few strands of her auburn hair and sweetly smiles back at me. I find it funny that senior and actual teachers here still find me attractive to pull off childish acts like this.

"We have this new applicant for general math just like you, and since you're going to leave after a good year of training in here, she's going to replace you."

"Oh, really? That's great news!" I try to sound excited, but obviously I don't give a shit. I'm going to leave this place with Leila soon and we both can't wait. That girl already wrote a list of goals once we get out of here, it's funny and adorable.

"Yes!" she squeals. "She's in fact at the school director's office ever since the break, discussing her transfer here. She's around the same age as you and just as attractive!"

I chuckle and just nod at her, taking a sip of my coffee to avoid further awkwardness.

I think I don't like where this is going.

"Well, I think you should go and meet her!" she prods, genuinely looking excited and all. Frankly I don't understand why I need to, but saying that out loud would be impolite. So I only smile at her.

"Okay. After I finish my cup."

"Great! See you around then, sir Hemmings!" she left my station but the door to the room opened once again, revealing a tall tan girl who looks like she just went out of a vogue magazine. I gulp and curiously stare at her looking around, until our eyes met.

She grins, flashing her pearly white teeth and I blink in return. Am I the one she's smiling at? I look around me and find all my co-teachers typing away on their computers.

She holds her bag close and walks over to my desk until we're a few meters apart. "You must be Sir Luke Hemmings by the trademark quiff and lip ring!" Her small hand reaches out to me. "I'm Blair Wilson, nice to meet you!"

I run my hand through my hair before shaking her hand. "Y-yeah, uh what can I help you with?"

She stares at me for a minute before grinning widely again. "I'm going to be taking your place next school year, and the director said that you can give me a head start by telling me how you do your work as a math teacher during your last week of teaching. I could do some observations too!"

I nod and drink from my cup again, spinning to the right side to find a certain folder. "It actually depends on how you teach math if you want to have a productive year like mine." I open my class record and let her take a peek.