14. teases and promises

LEILA

"Hey, slave!" I called out, a smirk etched on my lips which I am afraid will stay for the remaining days of school. "Carry my bag and my books because it's too dang heavy!"

"How about opening my locker and putting those inside, yeah?"

"Get in line for me and buy me lunch #3! Gosh! The line is so long, good luck to you." I laughed sarcastically and rolled my eyes at her.

"Thanks for working hard today, Wendy. Go back to peter pan and fly away!"

She flashed me a middle finger and never did I ever laugh this hard in my entire life. I found out that the math brat's name is actually Wendy a few days ago. Now that classes are over, I finally sent her away on her fifth day of being my personal slave.

Luke announced everyone's scores out loud to give credits to those who studied and to teach those who slacked off in the final test a lesson. I knew everyone was expecting me to fail, so they got shocked that I got 108 for the final math exam. Nobody knew that I worked my ass up just to pass that final obstacle in my senior life. I got average scores in my other subjects but I really had my highest one in art because I love painting and it's my natural talent.

I'm on my way to the lockers area to get my junks out and bring them home again, since classes are only a week left. The staff will probably clean the lockers as soon as possible because for sure not many students will show up in school next week even if they have to.

I spot Kendall already finished with her things as always and I find a lot of books and papers inside a box on the floor. What caught my attention was a picture of us on top of everything. Our middle school graduation picture. I pick it up and smile at the memory.

"I miss those days." I sigh, placing it back on top of the highest book. "We were so carefree back then and now shit is everywhere, people or not."

"That's true!" Kendall giggled and went over to my locker, getting the key in my hand and opening mine as well. "I'm going to help you fix yours, where will you put everything?"

I took out the folded paper bags from my sling bag and hand it to her. "Uh, thanks. There's not much in there so... I guess this will be enough."

"I can see that. Now let's start packing this up." she smiled and rummaged through my things.

My locker contained of many different stuff. There are my makeup kit, candies, spare shirts and denims neatly folded in the side (in case I stay in school for long and sweat too much), some books, notebooks, and a few magazines with my favorite celebrities on the cover.

We're neatly putting it inside a paper bag one by one until she asked me, "Will we hail a taxi because we have too much heavy things combined!"

I smiled and shook my head. "No, Luke will give us a ride. I asked him about it yesterday and he agreed. Not like he has any other option, haha!"

Her lips automatically curved up at the mention of Luke. "Are you two really a thing now? I ship you guys so hard, but sometimes I get scared of people finding out. There's only a week left but that's five long days!"

I sighed and leaned on the locket beside mine. "I know... I'm afraid of that, too. I might not graduate and he might get fired before we know it."

"Or worse your family might file a case against him," she wiggled her eyebrows and went back to arranging my things. She separated the clothes from the books and put them in two different paper bag.

"No, they won't do that!" I pinched her arm, kind of irritated. "I like Luke, I'm not going to let that happen to him. Even if that means going against Kellin..."