3. loud stereos and teen hearts

LEILA

"Now everything is bloody done! This is the day I’ve been waiting for before I die during the exams!" I squealed and turned around to check myself in the body mirror. The party is at seven, and we have thirty minutes left to go there by car.

Kendall slowly walked over and stood beside me in front of the mirror with a forced smile on her face. She eyed herself from head to toe but there's this look that somehow tells me she's unsure of something.

This caused me to giggle. "You can't back out now, Miss Kendall."

She bit her lip, a habit of hers whenever she's nervous. "I told you already, something bad is about to happen. I knew it the moment I held the invitation. I have this feeling and it keeps on bugging me."

"Please stop being paranoid and just enjoy! Live up to your name, will ya? My idol Kendall Jenner always rocks out every show or place she goes to, so don't have that unsure look on your face like you're going to mess it all up."

She sighed, shaking her head. "Stop lecturing me. We’re two different persons, mind you."

"Just saying!" I raised my hands up and checked any spot in my makeup. She can be mean at times so I’m going to let it slide tonight. I don't really want to ruin my mood. I think we’re ready to go. "Ugh, come on, let's go downstairs, your mum must be dying to see her nerdy daughter turn into a Disney princess!"

This time she's the one to roll her eyes. "Can I be at least Belle or Ariel or-"

"Whoever you want!" I chirped, smiling as we descend the stairs, her slowly trailing behind me. "Mama! I now present you, my greatest work of art!" I called proudly and stepped aside to show my masterpiece.

Her parents were really happy seeing her all dressed up for a party. This almost looks like we're going to prom, with all the smiles on their faces, plus the continuous taking of pictures. I giggled, holding Kendall close to me. I’m starting to feel like I’m her escort and it's funny.

A car honked outside and Ashton immediately came into mind. "Ah, there's my good friend, taking us to the club!" I said. "We’re going now!"

"Kendall, take care of yourself okay?" her mom said in a certain tone. She nodded at a few things her parents said, then kissed them in the cheeks. I decided to go out first since they were looking too cute inside there. I’m not the type to envy my best friend because of her perfect family. Well, she's lucky her parents treat her like their own daughter (which she really is), not like some child intended to be given away to an orphanage (like me). I shook my head to shake the ugly thoughts and bad vibes off, then hurried running to the driver’s side to greet Ashton.

"Ash!" I waved and his jaw dropped after looking me up and down. "I look amazing, I know!" I chuckled, going around to open the car door in his left side.

His car is a shiny dark blue convertible which always makes jaws drop in school. With this, everyone from school will be impressed because of the car, and the fact that a school heartthrob just took me to that party.

He grinned and playfully hit me in the thighs, giving me a certain look that I couldn't really define. But that hurts!

"You went overboard with a farewell party!" He chuckled.

I rubbed my thighs which probably has a red hand print on it, (damn it) all because of him. "Who said it was a farewell party?!" I shouted, rubbing my thighs in hope of making the red print disappear.

He just laughed and started the engine after seeing Kendall finally walking to us. "Haven’t you heard? There were rumors circulating around the school saying that it was some rich kid giving us all the farewell party we need since classes are going to end next week, after the bloody exams. No one knows whose party it is, though." he gripped the steering wheel and faced the road.