2. shopping and shiny heels

LEILA

As soon as we got out of the bus, I dragged Kendall inside by the hand. This mall's atmosphere is different than that of the common malls. Every shop is expensive looking, which I’m sure only wealthy people can afford buying in. And I feel proud that I’m one of "those wealthy people".

But Kendall immediately noticed it, of course.

"What the hell, Leila?" she broke our intertwined hands. Her eyebrows were creased and lines were all over her face. "You’re going to spend a lot of money again?! All we have to buy is a dress and-"

"No!" I shout. "I’m going to flip shit if I used a pair of heels for the second time! I’m going to show those bitches coming to the party that I own the place! That I own the night!"

She rolled her eyes. Eye rolling is one of our hobbies actually. "Everyone knows that already...”

I just sighed and started walking inside H&M, one of my favorite shops. "A bitch might dress up prettier than me and I’ll end up looking like a rag doll. I can't end up like that!" I retorted while deciding which side I should raid first.

"But going natural is beautiful too, Leila. Can’t you see that?" she asked in a hurt tone. "I’ve been trying to mark this on your spacious mind since the very beginning but you don't seem to get it!"

"I really don't!" I shrugged, eyeing the red, black, and white cocktail dresses I see in the rack. When I found a red one with glitters and sparkling diamonds on it, I grabbed its hanger and went towards the fitting room.

I realized that she was protesting before, but I couldn't hear her anymore when I saw the red dress. Oops, my bad.

Never mind that. I put the elegant dress on, and I felt good that I’m still in my usual size. I didn't get fat or anything. I turn around to see myself in the mirror. No veins. No cellulites. Perfect.

"Kendall? Kendall!" I called out, peeking out of my door. I found her immediately because of her hair in a messy bun. She was holding a black dress with silver sequins on it, and the smile on her face definitely meant that it was "the one". I smiled. She looked so happy just holding the silky material.

"Go try it on!" I called out again, and this time she heard it. She slowly nodded then ran inside the room beside mine, and I let her change into it first before asking for her opinion about my choice of clothing.

"Hurry!" I said, getting bored of trying different poses in front of the mirrors. There aren’t many people in the shop and that’s mostly what I like when going to this mall.

Her door suddenly opened and I turned around to check her appearance. She’s smiling from ear to ear. That’s good. I felt that she's confident in it, not like her usual shy attitude in the school hallways. Her brown hair was already flowing down her shoulders, and the dress ends before her knees. She looked sexy and cute at the same time, is that even legal?

An idea popped in my mind.

"Return that dress back to where you found it." I crossed my arms and said it in a very serious tone. Her smile vanished after hearing what I said. "What? B-but, why?" she stuttered, her voice cracking in the end.

"Do it." I commanded like a brat.

She looked like she's on the verge of crying and screaming at the same time. When she was going to say something, probably to refuse, I couldn't contain it any longer so I laughed at her hilarious reaction!

"My god, Kendall, look at your face! Hahahaha!" I leaned on the mirror, taking my precious time laughing at my best friend. I’m so good at pranking people.