characters

LAENYS VELARYON, princess of the Tides, princess of Dragonstone, the Red Sea, the Black Fire, Laenys the Cruel

LAENYS VELARYON, princess of the Tides, princess of Dragonstone, the Red Sea, the Black Fire, Laenys the Cruel. Laenys the Beheader. (The Smug Cunt of Dragonstone, The Defender of Bastards, The Monstrous, The Murderer of Lords)

Age - (child time skip - twelve. current time - 22)

Dragon (s) - ZAFIRA • described as white as snow, but breath as hot as the seven hells. the size of MELEYS but smaller.

VERMITHOR • the Bronze Fury • described as the second largest dragon in the world. the color of dried blood, large soulless beige eyes. The size of Meraxes when claimed.

—————————————————————————

Laenys Velaryon was known as being one of the pearls of Driftmark. Her birth being the year of 110 AC (maybe incorrect), was a shock to most, even her parents. No one in all the realms believed that Rhaenys was with child when she announced it publicly at her son's-Laenor Velaryon-engagement party. Everyone in the seven kingdoms knew that when she was pregnant with Laena Velaryon, her second child, she nearly died from childbed fever.

But after a large bottle of wine, the worry for the possibility of another child disappeared from the Lord and Lady's minds. And that was how Laenys was conceived.

During her childhood, she was a gem, known for the dedication of her faith. Often found in the quiet halls of the sept or at one of the praying pyres in the Red Keep. Alongside her was often the prince Aemond Targaryen, the second son of King Viserys, First of His Name.

Their friendship was one fraught with mystery, those who witnessed the two as children often described Laenys as a beam, while Aemond was her shadow. They spent their time in the sept, and when they weren't in the sept the servants would witness them making small talk while walking in the royal gardens.

At the age of 10, Laenys claimed Zafira, who had been hatched from an egg from Dreamfyre's clutch. After claiming her, Laenys had taken to the skies, building a strong connection to the she-dragon. She steadily abandoned her faith, finding satisfaction on the back of her dragon.

As a child she was a very precocious girl, earning these traits from her mother Rhaenys. Laenys was favored by House Velaryon, given that she was the only child in the entire family of adults. They dotted on her by giving her gifts like jewelry and brand new gowns sewn by the finest modiste. Her response to these gifts was making appearances at family gatherings, and allowing them to pet Zafira.

Zafira was spoiled to say the very least. She had grown to the size of Meleys, given the amount of meat she was given during her meals. After Zafira was claimed, Laenys hardly ever allowed her to be chained up in the Dragonpit. She was left mostly to roam around Driftmark, watching satisfyingly as the world below looked up in awe of her.

———————————————————————————