The Last Supper

Laenys stood off to the side of the large room with a long dinner table in the middle with different meats as fruits among it. The sound of the orchestra not too far from her filled her ears, the music was cheerful and upbeat not at all what fit the true setting,

Rhaenrya and Daemon sat at the long table beside one another, a silence between them and the Queen Alicent Hightower sat just a chair away from them, the vacant seat next to them was reserved for the King.

The innocent princess Haelena sat in a chair across from them and fiddled with a silver fork. She mumbled to herself. "He will not choose, he will become blind. Blind he shall stay. Blind in his grave." Haelena repeated to herself over and over. No one cared to listen to her because that was just who she was.

Aemond and Aegon stood in front of one another, talking about the dinner and how it was pointless for them to break bread with one another after all that has happened. Aemond turned to look back at his wife and saw her glaring at Aegon like she was imagining him choking on his own bile.

Aemond breathed in before looking over at his brother. "Aegon." He said, seeing that his eyes were already on his wife. Aegon took a drink from his metal cup before looking at the Prince with a hum. "The servant girl, Dyana." He mentioned.

"What about her?" He said, Aemond clenched his jaw. "That was one of my wife's servant girls, could you manage just for this stay to keep your cock to yourself?" He hissed at him, making Aegon roll his eyes. Aemond grabbed the man's collar and pulled him towards him, staring into his soul.

"Aegon... this is not a game." He whispered. "I will not have you start a war between you and my wife."

Aegon groaned before taking the man's strong hands off him. "Fine." He said before taking another swig of his alcohol and going over to his chair that was next to Haelena. Rhaenrya's two boys, Lucerys and Jacaerys both went to go sit at the table.

Luke sat at the end of the table, to the left of Daemon. And Jace sat next to Aegon. Right after the boys came in Rhaena and Baela walked in wearing their Velaryon colors. The two of them went to the table and Baela sat next to Jace, and Rhaena sat next to Luke.

Laenys watched as the four children smiled softly at one another. They have grown so fast, and she was hardly there to witness it. She frowned softly before glancing down at her slippered feet.

She then felt someone walk up to her and she looked to see that it was Aemond. He extended out his hand to her. She glanced up at his face without saying a word and he hesitantly grabbed his hand. Aemond walked her over to the table and the two of them sat at the other head of the table, across from Luke.

Laenys sat down, feeling the weight in her back ease. She breathed in comfortably and rubbed her stomach. Aemond grabbed his wine glass and drank from it gingerly before placing his left hand onto Laenys' hand which was still on her belly.

They suddenly heard the doors open and in came two of the Kingsgaurd, aiding the King to his seat. They all watched as he stumbled to his chair before sitting down with a huff.

"How good it is... to see you all tonight... together." He said, nearly out of breath. Alicent smiled before looking at her husband. "Prayer before we begin?" She asked with a soft smile. "Yes." He said, nodding his head. Everyone clasped their hands together, well except for Daemon and Laenys, who rolled their eyes and shook their heads.

Aemond held his wife's hand and shut his eye close. "May the Mother smile down on this gathering with love. May the Smith mend the bonds that have been broken for far too long. And to Vaemond Velaryon May the gods give him rest." She said, before a scoff left Laenys's mouth and she shook her head with a smile, like she couldn't believe she would grace her presence at this dinner. Alicent put down her hands and opened her eyes, and everyone else followed suit.